Can I use bactene post labiaplasty?

I am only 4 days pot op. Labiaplasty/oblaision . The stitches are extreamly uncomfortable and raw.. even in the loosest of clothing. I am sensitive to pills abd The vicodin and ibuprofen they gave me to manage pain, well the sidea effects are worse. So I won't be taking them anymore.. long story short, can I use something like a bactene spray to aid in discomfort and help in cleaning? I've just been using warm water.

Bactene post op

The best answer is to follow your surgeons advice and therefore I would start with evaluation by your surgeon and adhere to their recommendations.Best of luck.

Bactene post-op?

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you are having and that the beginning of the healing process does not seem to be taking off. Usually it is only essential to keep the area clean and free from intense pressure. I agree with the others in that your surgeon would be the best person to see in regards to your sutures, especially if you are in pain and raw. Best of luck.

See your surgeon

Your post surgery experience seems unusual to me. I would see your surgeon to have your site evaluated and get better recommendations regarding proper care.

Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Stop putting garbage on your labiaplasty scars

Swelling gets better with colder things and worse with warmer things. Antibiotic creams are not pain killers and are not useful for healing from labiaplasty. Try cold packs and lay down with a pillow under your butt to reduce swelling. It would be rare to require narcotic painkillers after a labiaplasty and rarer still to have them provide inadequate pain relief. Perhaps it would be a good idea to check in with your surgeon to make sure nothing is wrong.

Nausea with Vicodin/Norco. In Pain. What to do..?

My suggestions:1. Use Dermaplast spray for itching and minor surface discomfort.2. Ask your doc to Rx "Tramadol 50 mg" pain pills. Not as strong as Vicodin, but smooth on the stomach. If you have deep lip/pelvic pain, ask your doc to Rx "Toradol" (ketoralac) tablets- take 1 3X/day for 4-5 days; will do wonders...
Michael PO Goodmam, MDDavis, CA, USA

Can I use bactene post labiaplasty?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your labiaplasty surgery! I am sorry to hear of your discomfort and would advise reaching out to your surgeon's office for specific advice on pain and discomfort control.  It would be important to rule out healing issues that may be adding to your discomfort, such as swelling, bruising, or a hematoma, while finding a different oral medication that may be of help with lesser side effects.  Bactine is a good option for some temporary pain relief but should be cleared by your surgeon for use.