Would lipo of abs and flanks be a good idea now during weight loss? (photo)

I am 41yrs old. 5ft7in. I have lost over 40lbs. From 238-194. I want lipo to help reduce my waist. As a reward too. But my goal is to loose 20- 30lbs. To average 150-170lbs. Will lipo be a good idea now before my target weight?

The best liposuction results occur in people who are close to or at their target weight.

Congratulations on your weight loss! It sounds like you are well on your way to a healthier, more comfortable size. While it’s understandable for you to consider liposuction as a reward for your recent weight loss, it’s not a good idea to pursue liposuction now if you plan to lose an additional 30 pounds. You’ll experience optimal liposuction results once you are within 20 pounds of your target weight. Keep in mind that your overall shape will continue to change as you shed weight, so it’s best to wait until you’ve gotten close to your final weight loss goal before you pursue a body contouring procedure.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Not a good idea...

You should be at your best and optimal weight before considering liposuction.  Plastic surgery should be your last option and know that it is not a substitute for weight loss.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Is liposuction helpful during weight loss?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction during your weight loss.

• I urge you to not have liposuction until you finish losing your weight.
  • The time off from exercise and disruption of eating habits put you at risk of gaining back your weight.
  • Also losing the weight, means liposuction can give you a better final result.
  • Once you are 10 pounds above your goal weight and can maintain that, have liposuction.
  • Then lose the last ten pounds and you will get a great result.
  • You are not far off - don't give up now!

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction

Hello, congrats on your weight loss! You are on the right track! The closest you are to your ideal weight the better the liposuction or any other cosmetic surgery results will be. Be patient and keep on your excellent job!

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully, 

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

When You're Ready--VASER Hi Def will give you AMAZING results

You are better off waiting till you're at your goal weight. Once there, I recommend VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning.  you can have skin removed at the same time to get a better outcome.  also, if you do this sooner and then lose weight it can be done again to get an even more thin look.  See an expert in hi-def physique for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Weight and lipo

You are better off getting to your goal weight first to see what you look like. Lipo can be done at that point if it is indicated.

Would lipo of abs and flanks be a good idea now during weight loss?

The more weight you lose naturally, the better the results of the liposuction procedure. Keep at your wright loss for now until you level off at a stable weight.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lipo

It would be wise to wait to reach your goal weight because you can have a better result. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I recommend you to wait till you reach your target weight and re assess. Please consult a board certified PS for evaluation after you reach your target weight.

Ven Erella, MD