Symmastia or at risk? Is my result nice or nipples pointing to much outward? (Photo)

4,5 months post-op. 450 silicone round HP under muscle (max allowed by my doctor). Ask a very close cleavage, large gap was my biggest fear. Surgeon warned me that my nipples would pointing outward. He did exactly what i showed him. I still have 1 inch of skin on the sternum elevated. My surgeon said not worry about symmastia, he never force to much. But i start to regret my request of implants this close...i'm realky scared to have symmastia or to develop it, and not really sur of the look.

Symmastia or at risk?

You do not show any evidence of symmastia and your breast augmentation results are very good. Enjoy your new appearance!

Symmastia?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you do not have symmastia. It is unlikely you are going to develop in future.

No symmastia

It does not look like you have symmastia based upon your photos,and at 4.5 months if you do not have it, it is likely not to occur.

Synmastia or at risk?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I do not see any evidence of synmastia in your photographs and your results are unlikely to change 4.5 months after surgery.  Enjoy your current results but alert your surgeon to any acute changes that develop.

Breasts augmentation outcome

Dear MB,    Thanks for submitting your pictures . From observing your pictures, you do not appear to have symmastia. Your result is nice,  however , your implants are excessively displaced downward (the distance from the nipple to the crease is too long) , which causes the nipples to stick out of the bra and the upper pole to be too flat.  This condition can be cause by either superior capsule contracture that is pushing the implants downward or by weak fold that can't hold the weight of the implants or by lowering the crease too much by the surgeon, who tried to create room for the implants.   In any event, this can be corrected relatively easy, by performing inferior capsulorrhaphy (internal bra ), where by,  the fold can be raised appropriately to an aesthetic level.  If capsule contracture exist too, than capsulotomy (scar release) will be needed as well.   Your best option(financially) is to return to your surgeon, as long as he is experienced board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with that type of corrective surgery. Check the photo gallery for such cases to make sure that indeed, aesthetic correction was achieved. Otherwise, consult with other experienced board certified plastic surgeon who do lots of redo breasts augmentation.                Best of luck,                                      Dr Widder

Symmastia

Thank you for your question. Your surgeon is correct in counseling you about outward nipples in your particular case. The origin of the pectorals muscle has two sets of attachments to the chest wall/sternum. The "closeness" of your implants/breasts are determined by your particular attachments. At 4 1/2 months post op, I see no reason for concern. Your implants/breasts appear soft and nicely shaped. Enjoy them!

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia or at risk?

You do not have symmastia. From your pictures, it appears that you have a very nice result from your augmentation. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon