Would a Beneli Lift Be Enough? (photo)

Hi, I had a breast augmentation two years ago. Salin 425 cc on one and the other breast 440 cc both under the muscle. Today I would like to have them a little smaller and higher with less side boob and a smaller nipple. Will a benelli lift be enough or would a lolipop be better to achieve the best results for me. Is there a very big difference in the size 440cc salin vs. 380 cc silicon implant? If I choose a smaller implant will the excess skin be a problem? Thank you for your advice :)

Benelli Lift Limitations

It's not unusual for breast sag to develop when breast augmentation patients down size their breast implants. Unfortunately, it's hard to know how much breast sag will be present until the implants are actually removed. Under these circumstances, it's safe to say that a vertical component breast lift procedure will probably be necessary to address resultant breast sag. In most cases, this will result in aesthetically attractive breasts with good shape and contour.

In this particular case, the Benelli lift would probably require closure under tension and probably wouldn't address excess skin in multiple dimensions. This might result in poor breast shape and spread of the peri areolar scars.

If you're considering implant exchange with breast lift surgery, it's important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Vertical breast lift necessary with change to smaller implants

Based on your current size and nipple position once you have smaller breast implants you will need a breast lift.  A breast lift with a vertical component such as the lollipop lift will create a better shape than a Benelli lift.

Beneli lift is not very powerful

I would suggest that you want to optimally improve the shape of your breasts at the time of an implant exchange to a smaller size, you should have some type of lift that involves a vertical scar. The Beneli type lift can elevate the nipple and can reduce the size of the areolae. But the scars typically widen over time and the amount of improvement in breast shape is minimal at best. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Beneli lifts the areola NOT the breast

There is a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  Your implants are too heavy, have descended and require revision or they will progressively descend.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop scar breast lift is best for most women.

Smaller implants will give you more sagging.  I don't think this will be corrected with Benelli approach.  But women accept lollipop scars fine if they love their new perky breasts.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Possibly a full lift required

Maybe with Dr. Benelli, and I don't mean to sound flippant, but most of us have not been able to achieve the results that he could!!! So if you were my patient, I would suggest a smaller implant, probably by 100cc and then my guess is that you would need a full lift and not even the lollipop...Your breast are quite full at the bottom and may need some of that reduced as well....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Would a Benelli Lift Be Enough?

If you are only decreasing the size of the implant 60 cc, this may be achievable. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts, breast augmentations, and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revisional breast surgery

A Benelli would address your areolar size but not most of your other concerns. When you downsize your implants there will be more skin to deal with and additional scars would be needed to deal with improve your situation. Internal sutures of your capsules would be beneficial in avoiding too much late realization of your smaller implants. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Not a candidate for a Benelli breast lift

A Benellli or doughnut mastopexy has the highest rate of patient dissatisfaction.  The procedure will give you a minimal elevation of the nipple 1 - 2 cm and  it will reduce the size of the areola.  The major problem is that the Benelli lift will flatten the breast and push the implant even more to the lateral side.  Consider no surgery or a vertical breast lift.  

I Am 20 Days Post Op from an Arm Lift & Breast Lift and I Am Having Tingling/burning. Is This Normal? (photo) Asked by CatsEye38

Sometimes an excellent result should be left alone. Because you never know the risks you will incur if another operation is done. If you were my personal patient I would do everything to convince you to NOT have more surgery.