Could I Benefit from Chin Reduction Surgery?

I'm considering chin reduction surgery to make face appear shorter & more oval in shape. I feel my chin is very long & pointy! I've had a rhinoplasty for deviated septum & bump removed from my nose but that's it as far as cosmetic surgery. I like the way I look except for my chin as I feel like my eye is always drawn to it in photos when my eyes should be the focus! I want to be able to enjoy my photos not delete 97% of them or more due to my chin!

Chin reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would first see an oral surgeon to evaluate your occlusion and mandible. A chin reduction could provide improvement in the pointed appearance of your chin but it is not without risk.

Chin Reduction

Greetings, as I mentioned in your previous question, chin reduction is not that common a procedure and requires a complete analysis to determine what is appropriate. In your case, it appears that you have a prominent chin and I think a further analysis would definitely be warranted as surgical correction is likely possible.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon