Will they fill out more? (Photo)

I just got a breast reduction 4 days ago I was a 36 D he said he was taking 60% but now I'm flat as a board. I don't know what to do Will they fill out ? I want a little more. I think he took way more than expected.

Will my breasts fill out more after a reduction?

Wow, you are only post op day 4 and you are fretting about your result.  My advise is to stop, stop, stop and give it some time.  Your post op photos shows an excellent early result.  You look great!  you are not flat as a board.  Smaller breasts take some getting used to just like implants do.  My guess is after you have healed and heard all your friends say "wow, you look really slim!" you will be satisfied with your result.  If not, fat transfer or an implant could increase the size of your breasts. 

You should send you surgeon some chocolates.  He did a lovely job. 

Reductions are designed to reduce your breast size

and that is what has been achieved.  If insurance was covering this, there was a minimum your surgeon had to remove to qualify for coverage by your insurance company.  At this point, they will not get larger but if you find yourself with results smaller than you desired, you have options for addressing that down the road from implants to fat grafting with the latter preferred unless you have a certain look you need to achieve.  Your early results look great otherwise.  Focus on healing and keep your surgeon informed of your concerns as you heal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Reduction

Just like implants, your skin is now tighter, and will stretch some. Additionally, you have some swelling that blunts that projection of your breasts from your chest wall. Be patient for the next 3 to 4 months.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will breasts fill out more after Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question and your photos.  You post operative photos look like you are doing well with healing at this stage.  I would talk to your plastic surgeon and explain your concerns.  In my experience, the breasts will typically not "fill out" after having a reduction procedure.  Good luck to you on your continued recovery.

Conrad J. Tirre, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Will Breasts Fill Out More

Dear Mezit,

Thank you for your pictures.  Your result looks good thus far but unfortunately your breasts will not "fill out".  It may be wise for you to discuss your concern with your surgeon.  Best wishes.