I had my tummy tuck with lipo 6 weeks ago today.

i have a question. I tried on my old jeans (before surgery) and they fit very loosely, which is good, but I tried on a size smaller and they did not fit. Is this normal for 6 weeks? Am I expecting too much too soon?

This is completely normal at only 6 weeks post tummy tuck and liposuction. Swelling from these procedures can last from 6 months to a year, and you are only a few weeks into your recovery. Talk with your surgeon about ways to potentially speed up the reduction in swelling. Continue to wear your compression garment and follow up on all of your post op instructions. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

6 Week Post Op

• You need to wait at least 6 months to see your real results. 1 month and 2 weeks is to soon, probably you still swollen. Best regards, Dr. Mercedes 

Argeny Mercedes Guzman, MD

6 week tummy post op

Hello and thank you for your question. Swelling after a tummy tuck can take 6-8 months to subside. Give yourself a little more time its still very early. Good luck with the rest of your healing. 

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

It can take 6 months for swelling to resolve after a tummy tuck & lipo. Give it more time to see the final results. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS