I am an African man but my eyes look like Asian eyes, please I want to know the reason why before I do surgery. (photo)

Possible ptosis

You may actually have ptosis of both upper eyelids. I strongly recommend evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon for this problem. Repair of the levator muscle is very intricate surgery which requires an anterior skin incision approach, advancement of the levator muscles, and attention to the symmetry, contour, creases and lid folds. Best wishes!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Distinctive eyes

Hello,  I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the shape of your eyes.  They are distinctive and suit your face nicely.  I'd caution against trying to change them with surgery  Best of luck.

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. A Blepharoplasty address eyelid shape. The shape of our eyelids is determined by genetic factors, but is influenced aging. For example, dark circles around the eyes may develop due to changes in skin pigmentation - changes that occur over time and in sun exposure. Aging also causes laxity of the skin which can create uneven eyelids and difficulty seeing. Because your question is related to aesthetics alone, I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyes in Africa?

Hi there, thank you for your question. You have beautiful eyes, I would not recommend changing them. As you know, Africa has many different countries and ethnicities. Your eye shape is not that unusual in some regions in Africa. I certainly think it is an attractive trait and would consider it an asset. Hope this helps! 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon