Can I make my nose smaller. (photos)

I have read a few answers on here and what I got from it was that it's a case by case deal. I don't want to waste my time or money to see someone just for them to tell me they can't so I am asking for opinions on here.

I think that you have to be very specific about your goals when you go for a consultation. If the bump is what you want removed or the tip thinned out, then this has to be discussed with you surgeon.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal reduction is a routine indication for rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty can address droopy tip, bulbous tip, dorsal hump, hanging columella, and wide nostrils.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Male Rhinoplasty

By the pictures you provided, a rhinoplasty that reduces the dorsum of your nose along with tip refinement would help bring it into harmony with your face.  It is understandable that you would prefer not to waste your time or money in seeking a consultation for fears that someone will tell you that you are not a candidate.  While this may not be the case for you, many factors come into play when getting evaluated for cosmetic surgery.  It is critical to find a board-certified facial plastic and general plastic surgeon who you are comfortable with.  Have a frank discussion with them - having a full understanding of the goals, expectations and risks of surgery is an important part of a good doctor-patient relationship.Good Luck!
Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon