Would a breast augmentation be enough for my breasts? (Photo)

I am a currently losing weight. Started at 247 (40D). breasts already lost volume at 228lbs. I am a B-C at target weight (190lbs). I want a DD but I wanna know iF I should wait until I hit goal weight or can I do it now -nipples are low. I do not want to cut nipple so would implant help to have my nipples higher? -Worried about popping an implant while I sleep on my side -I am interested in an arm lift, can combine surgeries and incision? What type of implant would work best for me (photo)?

Good candidate for breast augmentation.

From the photographs I think your goals are realistic. There's no danger in damaging the implants regardless of the position in which you sleep. I can't tell whether you would benefit from brachioplasty but if so it can be done concurrently with breast augmentation.

Would a breast augmentation be enough for my breasts?

We won't really know what surgical procedures will be best until you get to your goal weight. If the nipples are above the lower fold of the breast, a lift is not necessary. implants don't "pop" from sleeping on them.Surgeries can be combined.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Based on these photos, a breast augmentation alone will be enough. If your goal is to loose another 40lbs, then I would wait with surgery. You state that you already lost volume from the breasts and I expect that you will loose more with further weight loss. Based on the limited view photos, you would do well with arm liposuction and sculpting without an arm lift. These procedures can be combined together. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. good luck.

Thank you for your photograph and questions.  I would strongly recommend you get to your goal weight before proceeding with elective aesthetic surgery.  This weight should be one that you are comfortable with, and can maintain, indefinitely. This will give you the best long-term results, while limiting you to only one surgery.  Large weight fluctuations can alter your skin elasticity and tone, while also influencing your breast size/volume, which will alter any results you gain with surgery now.  As far as combining surgeries, it is possible to combine an arm lift with a breast augmentation and lift

Good candidate for breast augmentation

I have reviewed your photos and I feel just a breast augmentation would be fine.  However, if you are aiming yto to taget 190 (another 38 lbs), I would wait till you are near that weight before doing an augmentation.  Your breeast size and contour may change once you reach that wieight

Fred Suess, MD

Breast lift

Based on your history you will likely need a lift with implants. It would be best to reach your goal weight before planning your surgery since your shape may change. You can discuss other procedures with your surgeon since they sometimes may be grouped together to limit your trips to the operating room for your total body transformation after weight loss.

Breast Augmentation Enough?

No. You need to have your tissues lifted otherwise you will have bigger, droopier breasts. This will not look "youthful." Also, you should be closer of your goal weight as this could make you undersize the implant. And, you should not worry about the implant or sleeping positions - they are very durable.

Dr. Marin

Vincent P. Marin, MD

No

You do not look like the goal model in her before picture now, so you wont look like her in the after picture either. You have more ptosis, especially in one of your breasts.  You would be a good candidate for an augmentation and breast lift though. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Would breast augmentation be enough.

If you are currently loosing weight, you will need to loose the desired amount of weight first and then have an evaluation. If you loose alot of weight, it might affect the position of your areolas and shape of the breasts. How much weight do you want to loose? When considering a breast augmentation, it is best to be at a stable weight before and after the surgery.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far; you will be much better off proceeding with elective surgery once you have reached your long-term stable weight. Whether or not breast lifting will be necessary will depend on the position/appearance of your breasts once you reach your long-term stable weight. That would be the time to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. If you are a candidate for arm lifting surgery, the procedures can usually be combined.  When it comes to recommendations regarding specific breast operation and/or implants, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. Personally, I find it most beneficial to have a wide range of breast implant types, sizes, and profiles available.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.