Side effects to ultherapy?

Ultherapy side effects

We do not perform Ultherapy if you have open wounds or lesions, severe cystic acne in the treatment area, or you have implanted active devices like pacemakers or defibrillators near the targeted area. Temporary side effects of Ultherapy are flushed skin, swelling, tingling and tenderness. Although uncommon, temporary mild bruising and numbness are possible. Side effects and downtime are very minimal.  Most patients can return to normal activities after the treatment like going back to work or even to the gym. Ultherapy is a great option for patients looking for a non-invasive procedure to tighten lax skin and soft tissues of the forehead, face, neck or décolleté with no surgery, needles or downtime!

Ultherapy

Ultherapy is the only FDA approved, single, non-invasive skin tightening treatment.  There is no downtime associated with this safe ultrasound procedure. The side effects are minimal and limited to pinkness, mild soreness, and on very rare occasions spot bruising.  Check the Ultherapy website to find a certified provider in your area.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy side effects

There are very few side effects with Ultherapy, provided it is done correctly.  You can of course feel pain, and have some redness and will likely be sore for a few days afterwards.  Occasionally some bruising is seen.  As long as the sensory nerves are not directly hit, which they shouldn't be, you have minimal risk of any issues there.  Another thing I've seen on here, but not in my practice, is some thinning of facial or neck fat.  I can't deny that this is scientifically possible.  This is why I do Ultherapy myself and have specifically trained my staff, so the energy is focused on the things that lift the skin and jowls/neck, and not just in the subcutaneous fat.  All of this can be seen with the ultrasound wand that is part of Ultherapy, it's just that most people don't know what they're looking at.

Ultherapy and side effects!

Ultherapy is an elegant non invasive procedure for lifting the sagging skin without going under anesthesia and surgery . Ultherapy can occasionally cause bruising, temporary numbness, swelling, transient nerve palsy and acne breakouts are noted in some patients. In our office Ultherapy is performed only by physician.

Non-Invasive and No-Down time--Side Effects of Ultherapy

Ultherapy is very safe with no down-time and very little, if any side effects. Some people may experience swelling and/or tenderness following the procedure, but you can return to normal activity directly after the procedure. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Not really any if performed correctly

I have been performing ultherapy for over 4 years and have had it personally on myself.  Aside from pain during the treatment, the only side effect I have seen in a handful of patients is bruising.   But as with any energy based device, inappropriate use can lead to tissue damage, but this shouldn't occur if you follow the typical protocol and treatment areas.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy side effects

Ultrasound energy has been used safely in the medical field for more than 50 years. Ultherapy is safe and effective in tightening, lifting and reducing fine lines on the face, neck and brows. 

Every person reacts and tolerates laser treatment therapy differently. Complications or adverse reactions to laser treatments are usually related to the improper delivery of laser energy to the skin. The performing physician registered nurse or technician should have extensive knowledge and training in Ultherapy and other facial laser treatments. 

When you are exploring the options of a facial procedure, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your procedure. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck which is where Ultherapy is indicated to treat.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon