Lower Belly pain after 7 days of Coolsculpting. Any suggestions?

Unbearable stabbing pain since last day. I feel that something is hurting severely inside the tummy. Please let me know how long this pain will be  felt. 

Lower belly pain 7 days after CoolSculpting

There are some people who develop sharp, stabbing pain several days after a CoolSculpting treatment to the abdomen.  It can last for several days, so I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you to let them know about your issue.  There is a prescription medication that can help to alleviate the pain and your doctor should be able to phone this in for you.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and pain

You may be experiencing a rare but reported side effect after coolsculpting known as “late onset pain.” Gabapentin is typically prescribed by the doctor as a way to mitigate the discomfort you are experiencing. You can also try wearing compression garments over the abdomen or applying heat/cold packs to the area.

Lisa Airan, MD

Alleviating the discomfort

It's common for most patients to experience a degree of discomfort throughout the first 1-3 weeks following the procedure.  Some of my patients have found that wearing a girdle or a tight-fitting Spanx garment can alleviate some of the discomfort during this time. Good luck!

Discomfort post Coolsculpting

Some clients experience discomfort post coolsculpting also known as 'late onset' pain. This is because once the feeling has returned after being 'froze' and numb, our nerves are firing off. So in turn, this most likely is nerve pain. The best way to relief nerve pain is by using the following techniques, either using a cold ice pack on the area or using a heat pack. Also by wearing compression bandages will help greatly reduce discomfort. This discomfort usually only lasts 1 to 2 days.  If you have on going pain, it is best to consult with your treating physician.

All the best.

Dr Davin Lim
Dermatologist 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Yes, this is a something that some patients experience after the Coolsculpting treatment of the abdominal area.  It will subside within 1-2 weeks (sometimes sooner) and a non-inflammatory may help alleviate your discomfort. 

Stabbing Pain To Lower Belly After CoolSculpting

Some patients may experience nerve related pain after CoolSculpting treatments. In all cases this fully resolves, usually after an average of 2 weeks. You can start with some Advil or Motrin to see if it helps with the pain. If you continue to have pain then you can be prescribed a neuropathic medication that usually helps. Hopefully your treatment provider was a physician and can help you deal with this issue. I suggest you follow up with them. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Abdominal Pain

A few patients have abdominal pain after Coolsculpting.  These patients are the ones that benefit from Neurontin after the procedure.  I would definitely consult your treating physician about this medication.  Best, Dr. Green