Will Invisalign be able to correct this crossbite? (Photos)

Invisalign will work for you!

Yes, Invisalign can be used to treat your orthodontic needs. I highly recommend that you seek care from a highly experienced Invisalign provider in your area. I am confident your results will be excellent!All the best.

Los Angeles Dentist

To answer your specific question (can Invisalign correct the crossbite?), I agree, yes.However, a more pertinent question is regarding the relatively mild facial asymmetry that is the likely cause of that crossbite.Orthodontics (braces, Invisalign) moves TEETH. From the two photographs, it appears that you may have a mandibular asymmetry (skeletal). It's really hard to tell for sure, but it looks like your chin is to the left of center of your facial midline. Take another facial photo in a relaxed, lips together (not smiling) posture. Draw a horizontal line between the pupils of your eyes. Then draw a line perpendicular to that horizontal line from the middle of your forehead, between your eyebrows and the bridge of your nose and the middle of your upper lip. I think you may see that the middle of your chin is to your left a bit.This is a skeletal issue....the right side of your lower jaw is bigger than the left side, making the middle of your chin be left of center. Orthodontics will not correct that. It can move the teeth so that they fit better, but the jaw asymmetry will still be there. If it's minor enough that only you see it (or your orthodontist), then go for it with Invisalign. If, however, your teeth fit better, but the facial asymmetry is still obvious, then you will not be happy with the outcome. A jaw asymmetry is usually corrected with jaw surgery. I'm not sure, however, if the amount of correction needed would warrant doing surgery.My advice is to make an appointment with an orthodontic specialist. Tell the orthodontist that you have done some research and that you want to see what he/she recommends. If they do not see a facial asymmetry, then it's possible that you were just posturing funny when you took the photos you submitted and it's just a matter of moving your teeth. ASK THEM!!  Good luck!!

Yes, invisalign can be used.

Invisalign can be used to treat you. Schedule appointment with an experienced dentist or orthodontist who uses Invisalign, and I'm sure you will be pleased with the final result.