Opinions needed, seriously considering revision MM and new PS

I'm one year post op. I have Cc In my right Brest , my left feels Like the implant is falling into my armpit. The size is smaller than my PS and I agreed on ( 525r, 575L seintras) my bwd 16 . I wanted upper pole fullness and cleavage , I have neither . My tummy is larger on my right side then my left from my pubis up to above my belly botton . Over all I expected better. My ps told me to wait a year for the swelling to go down. I have waited , ate clean and exercised 4-5 times a week .

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Find the right surgeon

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results. If you have waited a full year and you are still unhappy, then I would go back to your surgeon and discuss your concerns. It is possible that some of the outcomes you had are not related to your choice of surgeon. We all have things that do not turn out to be the best, and we all strive to do our best. And your surgeon is likely invested in you being happy with your outcome, so that is where I would start. In addition, if you are concerned, you could get some other opinions from other board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Hope this helps!

Mommy make-over - do I need a new plastic surgeon?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over revision.
  • I am sorry you are so disappointed with your result.
  • Some of your problems may be the result of your tissues not having good elasticity.
  • Capsular contractures can occur in any implants and tend not to be related to the surgeon.
  • If you are unhappy and distrust your surgeon, you can ask for copies of your operative notes and before/after photos and get a second opinion before having your revision.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Second opinion for mommy makeover results

Your original surgeon is in  the best position to help, but when there is dissatisfaction with the outcome then a second opinion is warranted. When there is capsular contracture on one side and a loose pocket on the other, you may benefit from Strattice on both.

Richard Baxter, MD

Satisfaction

Thank you for the question and if less then satisfied with your result or surgeon see some other experts in your area and get opinions

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Revision for Mommy Makeover

What does your original surgeon say? Do you feel comfortable with his/her recommendations? It is important to have confidence in your surgeon. If after talking to your original surgeon you are not sure, you might want to get a couple of second opinions before making your decision. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Concerns about mommy makeover surgery outcome…

Although definitive advice would require more information, assuming you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, I think that it is generally best to stick with your plastic surgeon and allow him/her to improve your outcome.  Most plastic surgeons take a lot of pride in their work and strive hard  to achieve outcomes that their patients will be pleased with;  no plastic surgeon (or outcome) is perfect and the need for revisionary surgery is a reality in all of our practices.

Again, unless you have specific concerns about your plastic surgeon's abilities to improve your outcome best to allow him to do so.  If, in any doubt, it certainly won't hurt to seek in person second opinion consultations with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.