Mommy makeover; mom of 3, I'm hoping to have a TT , breast lift and fat transfer from tummy hips and thighs to breast?

I am a mom of 3 I breast fed all of them , but have not BFin almost 5 months. My breast are deflated,I went from a 36C prechildren and up to a 40DD and now I'm probably a B+ in one breast and a B- in th other. I'm uncomfortable with implats,but I do want to regain some fullness up top. Is this someting that is done? What sort of credentials are recommended for this type of procedure? 5'8 188 # Size 12Im in good shape but maintain a curvy figure Exercise : crossfit , walking ,

Combining a Mommy Makeover with Additional Surgery Sites

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

I've been doing fat transfer to the breasts for almost 4 years.  My patients have increased about one cup size with each fat transfer procedure and almost all of them are pleased after one session.  Fat transfer can be combined with breast lift, especially when upper pole fullness is the goal.  The lift can take care of the droopiness and the low nipple position and fat transfer can help fill out the upper breast. 

Fat transfer does not give the dramatic result that implants do but fat transfer requires no maintenance and many patients want that sort of trouble free breast enhancement.

If you are in excellent health, it would likely be okay do to your tummy and breasts at the same time.  You will certainly need a lot of help at home during your recovery.  I ask my mommy makeover patients to take care of no one but themselves for at least a week even if it requires a restraining order to keep your children away!

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy: most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy). Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery. In your case, based on your description and stated goals, I think you will benefit from breast augmentation/mastopexy ( breast lifting) and tummy tuck surgery. My best recommendation: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, it will important for you to communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together, you will come up with the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Improve breasts after babies without implants

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

How wonderful to have 3 children!
  • Tor regain your before-baby size, you will need implants.
  • These also will give fullness to the upper breast.
  • It sounds as though you may also need a breast lift.
  • Although fat transplants can be used to add upper fullness to the breasts, results are less reliable than implants.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.