500 cc high profile silicone Inspira: too big for me or just right? I'm having a hard time choosing between 500 or 425 (Photo)

I'm 5'6 135lbs My friends are telling me that 500cc is way to big but when I tried on the sizes I love the size on me. I want a DD but not a E I don't want to look too too heavy

I'm having a hard time choosing breast implant size...

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given your concerns, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.  Make sure that breast lifting is not an option that you should be considering?

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "DD or E cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

500 cc high profile silicone Inspira: too big for me or just right? I'm having a hard time choosing between 500 or 425

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. Based on your pictures alone it appears that you have had development of stretch marks to your breast skin.  This indicates thin skin that will not be able to support significant weight without stretching out and sagging faster.  Talks to your surgeon, they are in the best position to help you decide.  Best wishes!

500 cc high profile silicone Inspira: too big for me or just right?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Without an exam and measurements, we can not tell you what is best for you.  However, your pictures already show a little bit of ptosis (sagging).  In general, the bigger the implants, the quicker they will sag because there is more weight.  You should discuss your desires with your Plastic Surgeon and see what they recommend.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Base diameter

To get the best longevity out of your implants as far as them remaining in their original position, you need to make sure the base diameter of the implants fits your chest. If the implant is too large they will be more likely to shift. Your doctor will be able to measure your chest and provide the appropriate size and projection.  

Adrian Smith, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon