What's best to get rid of wrinkles in my belly? (Photo)

Hello I hope you can help me. After 3 pregnancies my belly button is deform and I have this horrible wrinkles in my belly i exercise I have notice a big difference In my belly but definitely is not helping with the wrinkles. What's best for me? A mini tummy tuck or complete tummy tuck?

Full TT

Thank you for your question and photo.  Although there is only one photo, it appears that you would benefit most from a full tummy tuck which would correct for the lax skin that you appear to have.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in person for a physical evaluation to determine what would give you the most satisfactory result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Getting rid of abdominal wrinkles

Hello, from the photo it appears that there is loose skin above the belly button.  Since a mini tuck won't tighten the skin above the umbilicus very much, a full abdominoplasty might be the better option.  If you book a consult with a PS they will tell you about the pros, cons and expected results with each operation.

Do I need a full or a mini tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question.

It looks like you have enough skin and (likely) muscle laxity to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck.

With a full tummy tuck, most or all of the skin between the belly button and the top of the pubic area is removed, the muscles are tightened all the way up to the ribs, and the remaining skin is stretched down to close the open area. The belly button is then brought up through the new skin and sewn into place. With a mini tummy tuck, in contrast, a much smaller area of skin is removed, and only the muscle in the lower abdomen is tightened. The belly button is not relocated. Good candidates for a mini tummy tuck are rare, as most patients with abdominal laxity are much better candidates for a full tummy tuck. Occasionally, a patient will present with isolated lower abdominal laxity and a firm upper abdomen. For these select few, a mini tummy tuck can be a good option.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo I would say that you would benefit from a full tummy tuck.  I do not believe that you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  With a full tummy tuck removing the excess skin and tightening the abdominal muscle would give you the result you are looking for.  It is always best to get an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  This way you can get all of your questions answered and concerns addressed.

Dr. Peter Newen

Mini/Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo and history I would agree that a Full Tummy Tuck may be the best option to give you the results you desire. Your Plastic Surgeon will assess your skin/laxity as well as possible separation of abdominal muscles which can also be treated with a full tummy tuck.

All the best

What's best for my belly wrinkles?

Based on your photos, I see fullness above your belly button. Therefore, I would recommend a full tummy tuck. With this, I think you could achieve a flat abdomen. Good luck with your procedure!

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - What's best to get rid of wrinkles

Based on your photos, I would recommend a full TT.  You have enough excess skin and wrinkles around and above your BB (nothing personal, of course) so that a mini can not be expected to provide you with an adequate improvement.

There are additional risks to a full TT (versus the mini) and you should speak with your own PS about the advantages and disadvantages of each of the procedures, but I think you'll need the full TT to get a result you'll be happy.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100
@RealSelf

What's best to get rid of wrinkles in my belly?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your pregnancy history, photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you a mini tuck operation. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes

Abdominoplasty

Thanks for the question.  Your photo shows significant skin excess both above and below the umbilicus, as well as some abdominal wall laxity.  You would likely  need a full abdominoplasty with muscle tightening to get the improvement you are seeking.  Best of luck.

Post pregnancy redundant belly skin and tissues

Hello Bellagz-
Three pregnancies can definitely take a toll one's belly tissues with all the stretching that is needed. The good news is that you can be significantly helped with a full tummy tuck in which most of the excess abdominal skin is removed and the musculofascial wall is tightened like a corset. You are not a candidate for a "mini" tummy tuck. 
Best of luck. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon