I'm interested Vaginal Rejuvenation but I like to know the cost, how long does it take, and how long is recovery?

I'm interested in vagain rejuvenation but I would like to know what's the cost, how long dose it take and how long is it to recover?

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question.  The cost for a vaginal rejuvenation is dependent on the region of the country with the Midwest typically being less expensive than the east and west coasts, experience of the surgeon, and the amount of surgery necessary. Without a thorough physical examination or at least photographs, it tends to be challenging to give an accurate price.  

Best of luck.   

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Va

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.  Recovery varies from patient to patient and is about 6-8 weeks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Depends on what is needed

Vaginal Rejuvenation can mean many things to many people.  If the problem is mild laxity or dryness in the vagina, non-surgical treatments with CO2 laser or RF energy may be helpful and cost only a few thousands dollars.   If there are structural issues that need to be repaired, a surgical vaginoplasty may be required, which can cost 5-10k including all fees, depending on what is done and what facilities are used.

Recovery from non-surgical treatments are only a few days.  Surgical treatments require several weeks to recover, and in some cases one has to abstain from intercourse for 2-3 months.

Vaginal rejuvenation cost and recovery

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation procedures really varies from patient to patient depending on exactly what needs to be done. I can provide you with an exact estimate after an in-person evaluation. 

Vaginal rejuvenation surgery generally takes 1 to 2 hours, again depending on what exactly needs to be done. Recovery after vaginal rejuvenation is generally much easier than most patients anticipate. My patients usually experience discomfort for 1 day and then are able to use over the counter pain medication to manage pain after that. You can return to work in about 3 - 5 days. However, you should refrain from any strenuous activities for a couple of weeks. Your surgeon will let you know when it is safe to return to your normal exercise routine. Finally, I tell my patients not to engage in sexual intercourse for 6 weeks following surgery so that everything can heal properly. 

Below I have attached a link to my blog with answers to the most frequently asked questions about vaginal rejuvenation. Hope it answers some more of your questions!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

What is a "Vaginal Rejuvenation" and how much does it cost

"Vaginal Rejuvenation" is a cloudy term that can mean different things to different persons. If you are older and tight and dry, "vaginal rejuvenation means something different than if you have a lax vagina, "sensation of a wide and smooth vagina," no friction and doesn't look pretty (Vaginoplasty & Perineoplasty), and different if your lips are long, redundant and "floppy" to boot (Labiaplasty, minora and/or majora)...  What do you wish done?? Tighten the vagina and rebuild the vaginal opening for better friction and pressure against the G-spot and clitoris? Remodel the inner and/or outer lips? Both?? Please feel free to navigate the educational website accessed with the weblink for LOTS of helpful information. Chec the blogs and Cosmetic Surgery Info menu. Also, check the book "You Want to do What?  Where?? available through Amazon

As for cost, this varies as well, and make sure you ask your potential surgeon for a total "OUT-THE-DOOR fee, including facility, supplies, and anesthesia. In our office in Davis, CA (near Sacramento) we charge out-the-door US$7250 for total vaginoplasty and perineoplasty including facility fee and local anesthesia. If you will have a labiaplasty at the same time, we reduce our usual $5000-6000 fee by 50% to ~ $2750. If you also have problems with mild/modest urinary incontinence, we suggest a FemiLift procedure to help modestly tighten the far upper vagina, and help significantly with the urine leakage. This fee is also adjusted from the usual $3000 for 4 treatments to $1500 if "bundled" with the PP/VP. This is for procedures perfoirmed in the office under full local anesthesia. Hospital procedures under "general" anesthesia are subject to additional facility charges.

Recovery depends on exactly what was done. The best bet is to schedule a formal consultation and we can give you that info- recovery plans depend on what is done and what kind of work activities you need to do

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Vaginal rejuvenation is a total renovation that is customized individually to your needs

Rejuvenating a vagina is not unlike renovating a home. Each project is unique and requires a variable amount of work. Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term that can refer to a variety of procedures designed to tighten the vaginal canal or alter the external appearance. Frequently pelvic reconstruction is needed at the time of tightening surgery such as vaginoplasty. For these reasons, a consultation is the only way to determine how much of an investment would be required by you. Beware of those who quote you a one-size-fits-all price as they might give a one-size-fits-all surgery regardless of your needs. Email me privately if you wish. I work on out of town patients on a regular basis.

Questions about Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. The cost of your vaginal rejuvenation depends on what you choose to have done. A vaginoplasty alone, performed for vaginal looseness is $6,000 - $8,000, not including hospital and anesthesia fees. If you also need cosmetic work of your vulva then this may add $6,000 - $12,000 more depending on what you want and need.

Many women I see for vaginoplasty consultation have pelvic prolapse which is a medical condition covered by insurance.  If you have such a condition then we would certainly bill your insurance company to repair this.  Please visit the urogynecologic section of my website (link below), to become more familiar with these problems. 

A new option available to my patients since November of 2013 is the new Alma CO2 laser, FemiLift.  This is an in-office Laser Vaginal Resurfacing procedure which I offer for vaginal tightening and/or urinary stress incontinence. We've seen great results. At the time of your consultation I would be able to determine if you are a candidate.  My office is one of the first in the country to offer this option.

There are only a handful of fellowship-trained urogynecologists in the world who perform these surgeries in adequate volumes to be proficient and adept. Technical skill is of paramount importance but having an artist's eye is of equal value. You should seek out a consultation with a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon with experience, extensive training, and proven results for these complex procedures.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD

Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

What to Expect from Vaginal Rejuvenation

Hello. Thank you for your question. There are several procedures that can be a part of Vaginal Rejuvenation. Vaginoplasty and Perineoplasty are commonly what are included but labiaplasty of the inner and/or outer lips are also sometimes included. Depending on which procedures are done, the time to perform them can range from 45 minutes to 3 1/2 hours. Recovery is 6 weeks. Cost can range from 4K-18k. Be sure to get a few consultations. Best wishes. ~Dr Poucher

Cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation

hi, thanks for your question. The cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation will vary on what exactly you are interested in achieving and what you would like done. Of course, experience of the surgeon also typically factors into the price and this is one area you don't want to try to save money on!! If you are wanting to achieve a tighter vagina for sexual function and/or repair a gaping vaginal opening after childbirth then this is typically referred to Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty. Depending on the extent of the repair, costs of surgery center etc this typically ranges 7-12k. If you are interested in Labiaplasty, i.e. Improving the appearance of the outside of the vagina, this typically runs in the range of 7-10k, again depending on the extent of work that needs done. 

These procedures take a great deal of surgical expertise, training and experience and therefore choose your surgeon very carefully! You certainly will find cheaper prices, however it is doubtful that those surgeons have much or any experience and therefore can cause a great deal of damage. We see this all the time, it's sad but true. Internal vaginal tightening procedures are NOT an aesthetic procedure i.e. It's functional and therefore should be completed by Urogyn or Gyn surgeons that have been trained in Vaginal and Reconstructive surgery AS WELL as vaginal Rejuvenation and cosmetic vaginal surgery. Just because a surgeon is board certified , it does not mean they have experience or any training in these techniques. 

Best of luck to you, 

Dr Robert D Moore, FPMRS, FACS

Atlanta - Beverly Hills - Dubai

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Vaginal Surgeyr

Thank you.

First, I want to emphasize the importance of experience over cost.  

Most Vaginal Tightening procedures we perform are done under local anesthesia in our office procedure room. The procedure cost is between 4 and 4,500 dollars depending on what needs to be performed during the vaginal tightening procedure.

This includes all visits and anesthesia.   The procedure itself takes about 2 hours with includes the time for the anesthesia to kick in before starting.

The recovery is a solid 6 weeks or until I give the green light to return to all activities. However, most people return to routine daily activities within a week or so.

Hope that helps.