One of my implants looks smaller and lower then the other. What should I do? (Photo)

my right breast look smaller and in a lower position then the left one am scared and sad because I was looking for getting preagnat now I am even more scared to see if there is a leak or I have to go back to surgery, I want a second opinion dont know what to do.

One of my implants looks smaller and lower then the other. What should I do?

. Thank you for your question. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You should go see your surgeon for a follow up and to discuss your concerns.  It's hard to say without knowing when you had surgery, if you have saline or silicone gel or seeing your pre-op photos.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Your concerns of asymmetry are apprciated

but without knowing what you were like before your photo, its impossible to comment on 'what to do'.  You should simply schedule an appointment with your surgeon (or someone else close to you if your surgeon is not available) for an evaluation.  And should you become pregnant, your implants (assuming newer generation gel) should not affect your outcome in anyway.

Curtis Wong, MD

Difference in appearance

Please contact your surgeon and arrange a follow up visit to discuss your concerns.  This is the best advice for you.  A proper evaluation will lead to a resolution.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Contact your plastic surgeon

It is very important that you communicate any post operative concerns with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon will want to know about these issues....Please contact their office and schedule a follow up appointment. Best of luck! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

My advice to you is to speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  Hopefully he/she can address your concerns otherwise patients always have the right to see another plastic surgeon for a second opinion.  Good luck.

Eugene Kim, MD

When In Doubt Return to Your Plastic Surgeon

The best person to give you a device of course would be your own plastic surgeon. Our recommendation would be returned here plastic surgeon for evaluation and answers to your concerns.

Lower

Thank you for the photos and question but I would see your surgeon or get an in person consultation as preop photos and a full history are needed make an intelligent evaluation

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD