Worrying too much about asymmetrical nostrils? Or bad Rhinoplasty? Or wait more? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty for about a month now and the one thing that i have notice quickly is that my nostrils are different which is bugging the heck out of me to the point were I want to move my nose around, apply pressure and trying to fix it. I am trying to ignore it but when I take a picture it just bugs me. Is this bad surgery or what. The tip is hard is hard. My aunt says that one side is brused up more then the other. It does seem like it as I pat it on both side but it is very annoying

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Asymmetric nostrils after surgery

One month is a little early to get upset.  Based on the photos you have shown, I would not say you had bad surgery.  Give it some time.  Nostril symmetry is a tricky issue, most people pick up on it much more in their selves than other people do when they are looking at someone else's nose.  With that said, you should want the best and I think you will get it but just in a little more time.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Swelling post rhinoplasty

I agree with the other surgeon's statements.  Swelling rarely is a symmetrical entity and rarely resolves symmetrically.  At on be postop, it is very difficult to tell the final result.  As difficult as it is to be patient, one has to let the healing process take effect.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD