I'm Indian female late 20's. Not happy with my lower face proportions, saggy skin and fine lines. Any suggestions? (photo)

Brief history: I was not happy with the way my face ballooned after pregnancy. In order to slim down, I did hit the gym regularly, did multiple diets, starved myself to a point where my skin started to sag due to severe weight loss in short span of time. Now dealing with sagging cheek and double chin. Please let me know what are the things that I need to undergo to be good looking again. Personally I'm thinking of chin implant, Neck liposuction and lip augmentation. Suggestions are very welcome.

Add Definition With an Implant

Thanks for the photos. I don't believe you're ready for facelift surgery yet: Your concerns are rather mild, and you're also quite young. However, there are other options available to help you remedy your concerns. The first one that comes to mind is a chin implant. The implant is placed through a small incision made inside your lower lip, so scarring is essentially invisible. An implant can reduce the appearance of your double chin and give your extra skin somewhere to go, adding definition to your jawline that's more age-appropriate. Neck liposuction may also be an option, although it depends on whether excess skin or fat is the primary cause of your neck laxity. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon near you with your concerns.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Concerns with Face and Face Proportions

Thanks for adding your photos.  At your age, and from what can be seen in your photos you may benefit from a simple chin implant to help balance your lower face but the issues I see from your photos include your nasolabial folds or smile lines and perhaps your tear trough areas but it is hard to say from these photos.  It is usually possible to treat patients in your age group with non-surgical options like fillers.  I prefer to use long term fillers so that you do not have to come back very much.  
I have added a video about facial aging and treatment options that may be of use to you.
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Facial contour #volume loss #fillers #microfatgrafting #beauty #cosmeticsurgery

Dear Prem_manasa

Thank you for your question and photos!  It is hard to tell exactly the changes you desire from your photos.  Facial contouring can be done with the addition of fillers or fat graft and the removal of fat.  Skin tightening such as RF devices can help.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Facelift

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to address a face ballooned after pregnancy with diet and exercise alone. There are multiple options that can address sagging of the skin in your face and on your neck, including surgical and non-surgical options. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person discussion regarding your desired results and the recommended options.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and Neck liposuction candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what may be required, in addition to a physical examination. From  of the very limited photographs, it appears that there is a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve the projection of the chin to help with facial balance and proportions. Fatty deposits located in the neck can be removed with liposuction. For many examples of both procedures, please see the  link and the video below

Lower face and neck contouring

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for chin implant and neck liposuction, such as the example in the link below.  A face lift in the 20's is rarely ever necessary but you may need some volume added back to your face.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Indian female late 20's. Not happy with my lower face

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties with early jowl formation.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat below and in front of the cheeks and in the neck, the chin is weak and jowls are present. These factors combine to create a round shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess for further facial shaping.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.