Should I do full lipo (cheek and neck) or would I only need to remove cheek fat to make my face look less round? (Photo)

I am interested in looking into either getting face lips done under my chin and possibly removing some cheek fat. I would like to know what would be best to approach into making my face look less round.

Facial Sculpting Using Liposuction, Botox, Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat / Implants

There are many different ways to sculpt the face. Liposuction can help define the jawline, removing under-chin fat. Slimming down your face might include facial sculpting with Sculptra by building cheekbones and using Botox in the masseter muscle. You need to be evaluated in person. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction under chin or remove cheek fat - what is best approach?

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • I think you need a consultation in person to discuss your goal with your surgeon.
  • Buccal fat removal is done - but in your photo, you do not seem to have much buccal fat. 
  • Neck liposuction and a neck lift should help to define the neck and jaw but will not thin the face.
  • Botox into the masseter muscle may thin the lower face -
  • It will help your surgeon if, for the consultation, you could shave the beard so the true proportions of you face  can be seen - but understandable if you don't want to do this.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Buccal Lipectomy

Good question!  Your best option for a more contoured face is to remove the cheek fat or what is called a Buccal Lipectomy.  We all have a decent sized fat pad in our cheeks that take up space and can be removed to create a less round apperance of the face.  It is a fairly quick procedure with minimal discomfort.Best of luck and hope this information helps!- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician