I just had a tummy tuck june 6 , 2016 and I just found out I am pregnant on July 22, 2016

I have not healed from my surgery my stomach is still tight before surgery I had a lot of excess skin will my tummy tuck be wasted? Also, is it dangerous to b e pregnant this fast after surgery?

Pregnant

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  We really can't be sure what your tummy tuck results will be as a result of your pregnancy, it is safe for your developing child and you shouldn't  have any issues.  You should however find out weather or not you were pregnant during your surgery as some of the drugs used during surgery may have a risk of affecting the fetus.  Make sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon and  let him know of your condition also your ob/gyn should know about your recent surgery as well. 
Dr. Hisham Seify

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like you got pregnant about 6 weeks after surgery. If so, you and the baby should be fine.  Most patients decide to go ahead with a tummy tuck when they think they are done with all the pregnancies since pregnancies are likely to cause stretching of the skin and abdominal muscles, potentially reversing some of the results of a tummy tuck.  It is always best to schedule an in-person exam with a board-certified surgeon in order to fully assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Pregnant

It is important to find out if you were pregnant at the time of your surgery since some of the drugs used have a risk of affecting the fetus. As far as the surgical procedure itself, it should have no bearing on the outcome of your surgery. The abdominal and skin tightening "loses" to the pregnancy. In my experience, provided there is not excessive weight gain during pregnancy or large twins, while there is commonly some new change in the appearance, it is unusual to need to do a full tummy tuck again.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your pregnancy! Though it is unclear what your tummy tuck results will be as a result of your pregnancy, it is safe for your developing child and you should not have any issues.  That said it will be important for you to inform your ob/gyn of your recent surgery so that they can appropriately monitor you and your baby.  Best wishes!

Presnancy after tummy tuck

thank you for your question. Despite the tight closure of the tummy tuck, pregnancy generally proceed without problems. I  use absorbable sutures for muscle tightening to avoid the worry of constriction. Talk to your PS about your concerns. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Pregnant right after surgery

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It is hard to predict what will be the ultimate outcome of your tummy tuck, but the most important thing is that it is completely safe to be pregnant. By the time your baby is growing to the point that it is starting to stretch, you will be completely healed. I have seen patients do very well with pregnancy after tummy tuck, but time will tell how you do. Sometimes patients end up getting a revision mini tummy tuck after pregnancy to get rid of any excess skin. Best of luck!

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Why have yu NOT told your operat8ve surgeon? Unfortunate course of events! Most likely will have a tight pregnancy. As far as results ALL bets are OFF now that yu became pregnant ....

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

Many women have found themselves in this position. A pregnancy may or may not "undo" the tightening benefits of your tummy tuck. Some patients even notice that they have more stretch on the sides near their hips instead of in the front.
Regardless, you will likely have a lot of discomfort early in your pregnancy from skin stretch. It isn't dangerous, but it will feel very tight.  Keeping your skin moisturized may help minimize discomfort and itching, and wearing your garment early on, and a belly support and later in the pregnancy, may help you maintain a feeling of support. Good luck. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

You will be fine!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.Your skin is plenty healed enough already to tolerate the expansion of your skin for the pregnancy.  First trimester expansion is minimal so you still have plenty of healing time.  I don't anticipate any issues for you.You will get stretching of skin like any pregnancy..but deal with that when you get there!  May you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.