I had saline implant removed a year ago filled with mold. Now other ruptured should I get it out?

Mold in breast implants

This problem is very common in older saline implants or when one has saline implants and has either a trauma to the implants or mold exposure.  Treatment is total capsulectomy, antifungals for several months, and biotoxin detox as well as treatment of co infections as viruses and intracellular infections are very common.  We see this problems in hundreds of women who come to us as we understand this disease and most plastic surgeons do not understand that just like bacteria, one cannot "see" mold.  Patients usually can keep an eye on the saline implants after surgery and observe that mold grows on the inside of the implants if the implant is smooth.  Mold can contaminate the outside of the implant and this is very difficult to determine other than with the visual contrast sensitivity tests and the clinical symptoms of sick building syndrome (fibromyalgia).  I have been on The Doctors as well as on Monsters Inside Me three times discussing this clinical problem.  Twenty five percent of the population cannot get rid of mold biotoxins, so they become ill with a minor mold contamination.   Mold biotoxin disease is politically incorrect similar to intracellular infection (which is the basis of our biological warfare system), so doctors who publish risk losing their medical license.  You can see my materials online re this although I am not allowed to mention them on Real Self as they consider this self promotion.  Thousands of women are ill from their breast implants and have no idea that they can regain their health. 

Ruptured implant

Yes, you should have the ruptured implant removed.  Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  

Camille Cash, MD

Ruptured Implants

Thank you for your comments. Yes, the ruptured implant should be removed. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can assist you.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ruptured implant removal

Agree with Dr Z below.

Can not see a reason to live with a ruptured implant on one side and no implant on the other.

Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

I would have taken both implants out at the same time. Absolutely, you should have the implant removed.  Also, I have been in practice for many years, and  have taken out many implants.  I have never seen an implants filled with mold.  Hope you have a picture of that.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD