Breast Augmentation and Inverted Nipple Correction?

I am getting a breast augmentation soon and I also have inverted nipples. I was wondering if there would be a discount if I got both procedures done at the same time? And also the average cost of the nipple repair alone? My consultation isn't until the end of the month, and of course I will talk to my doctor about all of this, I'm just so excited and don't want to keep bothering the ladies at the doctor office with all my questions lol thanks in advance!

Inverted nipple correction and breast augmentation

It is possible to have inverted nipple correction and breast augmentation performed at the same time. Typically, the cost of anesthesia for one of the procedures would be waived when doing them at the same time. However, each surgeon sets their own pricing therefore you would need to discuss any possible discounts for combined procedures with them. For inverted nipple repair in Toronto, where my practice is located, the price would be about $1200 for one to $2300 for both.

Breast Augmentation and Inverted Nipple

Thank you for your question. Yes both Surgery can be performed in one operation. Breast augmentation” operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 1 to 1.5 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Breast augmentation/nipple repair

I can understand your excitement, this is an exciting decision! But you are going to get the most accurate answer from your plastic surgeons office. Every office offers different prices and discounts. Most do offer discounts on multiple procedures but that doesn’t mean to say that they all will. Cost varies on location and surgeon but I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for nipple repair is around $2,000-$3,000. Best of luck!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Inverted nipples

Correction of inverted nipples can be done at the same time as your augmentation.  The price will likely be less than if you had the procedure performed separately. The cost will vary, so unfortunately for a specific quote you will need to speak with your surgeon's office.

Camille Cash, MD

Correcting inverted nipples at the time of BA?

Usually secondary procedures are discounted when done together at the same surgery.  The cost will vary from surgeon to surgeon and community to community.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Inverted Nipples

Since the operation on inverted nipples can introduce bacteria into the equation, it's prudent to do this procedure a month or two after the breast augmentation. This is a simple in office procedure which can be done under local anesthesia. Talk to your plastic surgeon about fees. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and inverted nipple correction?

It is possible to have both a breast augmentation and an inverted nipple correction done at the same time.  Your surgeon would probably give you a discount for doing both at the same time.  Separating the two surgeries may save you money on anesthesia costs however, since the nipple correction can be done under local anesthesia in an office O.R..  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

These procedures are done safely together routinely in my practice.  It is imperative that the nipple procedures be performed after the completion of the augmentation procedure.  Discount policies are unique to each surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend staging the 2 procedures with the breast augmentation done first and, about 6 weeks late, correcting the inverted nipples which could be done under local anesthesia. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Augmentation and inverted nipple correction

Inverted nipples are not uncommon, and usually are easily corrected. There can be a side issue of difficulty breast feeding after correction, but many times patients will have difficulty with breast feeding already if they have inverted nipples. In our office we will correct inverted nipples during a breast augmentation procedure, but due to the risk of infection the implants are placed and all incisions related to the augmentation closed before the correction of the nipple deformity is performed.

Douglas Leppink, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon