Had the procedure done 4 days ago. How long will my abs be swollen ? Is there something like cold packing I should be doing?

Swelling post coolsculpting

Swelling post coolsculpting is common and expected, it can take up to two weeks for the initial swelling to go down to normal and then the following weeks patients can expect to feel numbness in this area. This is only temporary. Ice packing and compression garments can help to elevate pain in the area, especially if you are experiencing nerve pain. However the swelling will take it's own time to return back to the normal size. 

Dr Davin Lim
Dermatologist 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Swelling after procedure

typically you will notice some swelling for about 6 weeks. After that time the swelling should dissipate, but keep in mind the body is still responding to the treatment and optimal results are not seen until 1-3 months. Cold or ice packs can reduce swelling and may reduce discomfort so many clients find it beneficial. I would avoid heating pads, particularly if there is numbness as this could result in a burn. Please check with your coolsculpting provider.

Thanks for your question. Swelling a normal response after CoolSculpting and can last for several days. My patients have found that wearing compression garments over the area that has been treated has helped with comfort and helps hide the swelling. You should also contact the practice where you were treated so they are aware of your concerns. Enjoy your results. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Swelling and Pain

This is normal from coolsculpting please speak to your physician about their post operative plan for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting swelling relief

Swelling and discomfort is common with this procedure and should subside in about a week or two. Some of our patients have found that wearing a tight-fitting garment, such as Spanx, can elliviate some of the discomfort post procedure.

Swelling After CoolSculpting

There will be some degree of swelling after the CoolSculpting procedure. This shouldn't be too significant, and will usually fully resolve in 1-2 weeks. There is no specific after care that is required. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and swelling

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for the abdominal area.  You may have some swelling in that area for up to one week but should resolve without any problems.  If you are concerned you should consult your dermatologist who treated you.  Best, Dr. Green