Do I have tubular breasts? (photos)

I am 22, turning 23 years old and I have always been self-conscious about my breasts. I am wondering if I have tubular breasts of some sort or if they are the way they are because I am an A-cup. Also, as you can see in my pic, I have one nipple that is always erect and one that is usually puffy unless cold or something. is that normal? Thank you!

Tubular breasts?

You do not have tubular breasts. You just need a breast augmentation with attention to your inframammary creases which are subtle as you are an A cup breasts. Please see examples below

Tubular Breasts

No you do not have tubular breasts. You would get a nice result with a straight forward breast augmentation.  Not sure about your nipples being different. They are never perfectly symmetrical so I suspect this is normal. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size vs. Tubular Breasts

Good morning and thank you for your question and photos. I would also agree that it does not appear from the looks of your photos that you have tubular breasts. While your breast tissue is small and thin, that is not an indicator of tubular breasts. Your nipples are in well proportion with your breast tissue. I would suggest if you're looking for enhance the size and shape of your breasts, that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform an in person examination and take good measurements to determine which implant is right for you. I think you are an excellent candidate for this procedure and you would get great results. Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts

Thanks for your question.  While your breasts may be on the smaller side, your pictures indicate that they appear completely normal, and I don't think you have tubular breasts at all.  You seem relatively thin and women with this body type often have similar appearing breasts.  While augmentation is an option for you, it is in no way a necessity as your body may be attractively proportioned the way it is.  Changing your breasts is a very personal decision, and one that should be carefully considered.  You seem an excellent candidate if a breast enhancement is what you are looking for, but understand that your breasts are perfectly normal (including the asymmetry in your nipples) and you certainly don't "need" to have anything changed at all.Best wishes, Dr. L

Normal Breasts

Hello,You have normal, small, tight breasts. If you are considering breast augmentation, you should insist on tissue based analysis to determine the best implant size for you, not some arbitrary cup size you think you may want. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons for a consultation.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is difficult to say for sure if you have tubular breasts without an exam but you might have a mild case of it.  Either way having a small implant and making the pocket the right way will get you a really nice result.  Make an appointment for a free consultation for more information.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Tubular Breasts, Asymmetry

Based on your photos, you do not have tubular breasts.  It is common to have nipples (and breasts) that are asymmetric, and where one may react more to cold , etc. than the other.  Please consult with a plastic surgeon to further discuss your concerns.    

Steven Svehlak, MD

Breasts are not tubular

Thank you for posting your photos and question. Based solely on your photos and without an in-person consultation, you do not appear to have tubular breasts and would have a nice result from breast augmentation. I suggest that you consult with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to determine the best size, style and type of implant to achieve your desired results. Best of luck,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

You do not have tubular breasts, and would be a good candidate for silicone implant breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation for small breasts

You have small or hypoplastic breasts. Good luck in choosing a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon. Get a Vectra 3 dimensional analysis and try on implants before deciding. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon