Pleated on my stomach my scar is really thick (Photo)

I'm 3 weeks TT really scared my scar looks super horrible my doctor told me is going to smooth out I just wanted to some other opinions as you can see in the picture my skin look kind of folded I do not like it

How can I help my bad scar from a tummy tuck?

I would definitely recommend using ScaRxtape for your scar. I have my patients start applying it two weeks after surgery for a 2-3 month period at least. You only need to change it about once per week. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

At 3 weeks after the surgery, there is still a considerable amount of swelling that makes the skin and incisions look to irregular and  puffy. This swelling will go away slowly and then the skin on the abdomen, the scar and the folds will go away, usually 3 to 4 months after the surgery about 80 to 85% of the swelling is gone.

Scarring after abdominoplasty

You should talk to your operating surgeon about laser treatments, creams, silicone sheeting, possibly other scar minimizing treatments.
The surgery is not done until the wound has healed, so it is good to optimize that healing with post surgical treatments.

Brent Moelleken, MD

3 weeks post-op

Thank you for your question.You are very early in the healing process. Everything appears to be healing well. The incision will continue to flatten out as the swelling goes down and the dissolvable sutures absorb. Continue what you have been doing and remain patient. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon