Can I have nose deviation corrected in office from 9 year old injury? (photo)

My nose was broken 9 years ago and deviates to the right. From this photo does it appear possible that this could be corrected or at least adjusted so that it isn't so obvious, in an office setting vs. having invasive surgery? Based on deviation in photo, what is a range of the cost if major surgery is warranted to straighten out? Don't want a new nose, just straightened. side note: septum is deviated, but do not have trouble breathing- more worried about the cosmetic aspect.

Nasoseptal deviation

Thank you for the photo and straightening your nose will require surgery though fillers might hide the deviation while making the nose appear wider.  Your best solution is a full septorhinoplasty done in an accredited facility at a reasonable price

Dr Corbin

Septorhinoplasty to correct nasal deviation after trauma.

Septorhinoplasty to correct nasal deviation after trauma.  yes a septorhinoplasty will correct your deviation not only of the septum to improve your airway but also the external deviation. The remaining portion of your nose can be made more refined and feminine as well. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses 

Correcting Nasal Deviation in Office Without Invasive Surgery

Rather than trying to answer your question in this forum without your imput is difficult because I don't know exactly what you want. You say you want it "adjusted so it is not so obvious"; does that mean you don't want it corrected but just look better. We must clarify your goals and then discuss alternatives. Usually I recommend a septorhinoplasty for patients like you. Cost will depend on what is done.

Deviated nose

To straighten out your nose you would need to undergo surgery. I would recommend visiting with a few rhinoplasty surgeons to get an idea of price and opinions. 

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for the deviated nose

Performing  a rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia, NOT a clinic procedure performed in the office setting. It's impossible to straighten the nose without anesthesia. To straighten the crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones and manually resetting them straight. A cartilaginous spreader graft will be also required to be placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in mid-portion of the nose. This will have to be harvested from the septum. If the septum is significantly deviated, it will need to be straightened as well, since after the nose is straightened this can cause further nasal obstruction. A tip rhinoplasty is also required to straighten a crooked nasal tip. For more information and many examples of crooked noses from our practice, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance. The crooked nose is a special challenge in rhinoplasty, as there are multiple parts of the nose that contribute to the crooked appearance. Improving the crooked nose requires surgery under anesthesia. 

Getting a perfectly straight nose is near impossible, but that's ok. It's more important to align the nose with the rest of your face. In your consultation, the surgeon will ask questions, examine your nose/face, and take photographs. I like to use 3D computer simulation to get on the same page as my patients regarding their aesthetic goals. Next, we discuss techniques appropriate for your face to produce a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from oseotomies and spreader grafts to straighten your nose.  For optimal results, this should be done under general anesthesia.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose surgery

The deviated/ crooked nose often involves shifted nasal bones, cartilage, and septum; these structures are all interconnected and tend to move as a group.  The deviation is addressed with nasal surgery, during which the deviated structures are shifted, straightened, and sometimes reinforced with grafts.  While this is a surgical procedure, in a healthy person, this is usually a several day-1 week recovery.  You have likely heard about non-surgical rhinoplasty, or the use of injectable fillers, to reshape a nose; this procedure can camouflage bumps and fill in depressions, but is unlikely to deliver the result you want.  Meet with a surgeon (Facial Plastic or General Plastic) who performs nasal surgery frequently to undergo an exam and discuss your options.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon