I am considering getting CoolSculpting and want to know how long the recovery is

Thank you

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
There is no downtime so you can get back to work or any activities right away
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting

Proposed answer: The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-invasive, so the patient can return to normal activities immediately. Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, or numbness in the treated area, but this is temporary.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Recovery Time

The most wonderful thing about CoolSculpting is that there is NO recovery and NO downtime! Although you may have a little numbness and you may be a little tender to the touch, you'll be able to return to regular activities immediately following!

Recovery after CoolSculpting

Patients generally are able to return to regular activities immediately after the CoolSculpting procedure. Temporary side effects include tenderness, swelling, bruising, numbness, tingling, and itching. These side effects typically resolve in a few weeks and can usually be controlled with over-the-counter pain medication and/or compression garments.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Recovery

There really isn’t any down time with Cool Sculpting, which is one of the reasons it is so popular! You can go to the gym, grocery store, kids soccer game, whatever your regular schedule consists of immediately following the treatment!

There is usually some mild tenderness that resolves in a few days.

It is by far the most common non surgical fat reduction system we perform.

Best!

Dr Bengtson

Bradley Bengtson, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect following CoolSculpting

Following CoolSculpting treatment you can return to normal activity including the gym and work. If treated in the abdominal region you can expect some mild swelling and tenderness for up to 2 weeks. If you have an event or special occasion I recommend having treatment after. If treating the flanks (love handles) you can expect some mild bruising and numbness to area for short period of time. When treating the inner/outer thighs there is very minimal if any swelling/bruising with localized numbness.  Good Luck!

In general coolsculpting requires a 4-6 week period for the resolution of numbness and swelling around the area. Pain/discomfort usually resolves in about a week. If you are looking for nonsurgical fat reduction without a recovery period and no downtime consider BodyFX. There is no numbness, no swelling, no discomfort after the treatment and most importantly no loose skin after the fat is killed! The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to be examined. Best of Luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Recovering after CoolSculpting

You may expect some swelling and numbness of the area being treated. You can return to your daily activities with some tenderness.  There are ways to make it easier, our patients have expressed relief after using compression garments for the abdomen area. I wish you luck on your transformation!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time

After the treatment you may need a day are so to recover , you may be a little tender or soar . It also depends on amount of treatment and treatment area .

Coolsculpting and Recovery

One of the greatest things about coolsculpting is that there is no recovery.  Most patients return back to work or their usual exercise program the same day.  Some patients may feel sore for a week or more in the abdominal area after that area is performed.  Some localized numbness can also be a side effect which resolves in a short amount of time.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in coolsculpting.