Day 2 after surgery. Do you think I'll have dog ears? (Photo)

I know it's only day 2 after surgery but the pockets on the sides scare me.

Post-op results

I agree that it is too early to assess the shape of your breasts on post-operative day 2.  It will take several weeks to months for swelling to resolve.  Your breast shape will also be influenced by the effects of gravity.  At this point, I recommend continuing to observe for signs of infection or bleeding as healing progresses and waiting to judge your aesthetic outcome.

Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Will I have dog ears after a TT?

Too early to say but it looks like your plastic surgeon did a very nice job! You need to wait until everything heals.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to say

It's really too soon to say. It may take up to 6 months for your final results. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Day 2 after surgery. Do you think I'll have dog ears?

At just 2 days post op, it is much too early to determine long term results, including dog ears.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but give things time to settle.  It can take form 3 to 6 months to see the long term result of a mommy makeover.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Maker Over

Hi MMFeb2016!

Thanks for the pictures. They certainly help more than just a question. The previous doctors are correct in that no one can really tell if you have dog ears or not base on a photograph. However, based on the wise pattern technique used in your breast augmentation/mastopexy it is unlikely unless not enough skin was removed from the bottom of your breast. I would not worry too much as you will likely have swelling for several weeks. Also as the scar matures, the skin will contract and shrink to perhaps a level that you are happy with. Also, remember that your implants need to drop from the position that they are currently in and that will help stretch the bottom part of your breast and that may help with "dog ears." Hope this helps and good luck with your healing. Again, congratulations on your outcome.

Sincerely,
Carlos Mata M.D., M.B.A, FACS

Dog ears

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is still too early to determine if you will have dog ears.  Your incisions will continue to heal and remodel over the next couple of months.  Hope this helps…best of luck in your recovery!

Dog ears after surgery

Dog ears can occur after surgery when a certain width of skin is removed, but the corresponding length of the incision is not long enough to make sure the skin closes flat. Since you are only two days after surgery, it is too early to tell how your skin will settle once the swelling subsides. Often times, your skin's natural ability to tighten and recoil will resolve the dog ears. If you do have dog ears in the long run, a simple office procedure may be enough to remove them without extensive surgery.

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Will I have dog ears?

Thank you for your question and photos.  No online reviewer can diagnose base on photographs alone.  At two days it would be premature to comment on it other than to say odds are in your favor that you will not have them.  Be patient and give yourself several weeks to months before expecting this to shape up.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is too early to tell anything.  Usually it takes months to see the final results.  The swelling will gradually come down and the shape of the breasts will improve.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Dog ears 2 days out

Thank You for your question.  It is much too early to determine that.  6 to 8 weeks out you will be able to see a difference in the healing process.  Please follow the directions of your board certified plastic surgeon for the best results.  Congratulations on your Mommy MakeOver!  Good luck with your recovery!

Camille Cash, MD