Can some help and tell me what's best? (photos)

Please let know if u need more pictures. I really hate and feel uncomfortable about my breast. Is this normal and what cause this I'm 32 years hope there help . Can I ever have closer and fuller breast

Doctor Answers 14

Better looking breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have very droopy and tubular breasts, and correction of this, including a reduction of your areolar size, will involve some type of mastopexy (lift).   You seem the have a fair amount of breast tissue, it's just in the wrong place.   If you are happy with your breast size wearing a bra and with your clothes on, you will have a nice correction with just the lift.    If you want to be fuller, either at the same procedure or down the road, you will require an implant to give you more fullness.   If you are on the fence size wise, just have the lift - you will have far fewer problems and complications down the road.

Staged approach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
All the other docs here have correctly explained your deformity... tuberous breasts.  But no one is actually giving you the best options of repair.  In my humble opinion....this is a two staged surgical repair.  I would do a bilateral breast lift FIRST  and then as a secondary procedure do the augmentation. This will in my hands give you the nicest looking scars.  An aug and lift in one stage will have the potentail to keloid or spread the scar around the areola.  I would do it in two surgeries.  This would be best for symmetry and for your scars. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

Tubular breast deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have something called "tubular breasts" - this is where the breast develops abnormally with a ring of constrictive tissue through which much of the breast tissue herniates.   There are some insurance plans that view this as a birth deformity and are willing to help with the cost to correct it.  And it is correctable!   The constriction has to be opened up and the areola reduced. An implant is usually utilized to both help fill out the breast shape and compensate for lost volume.  So do not despair; find a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable who addresses your concerns and expectations, and together you will form a plan to help you look the way you want to look.  All the best to you!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Breast surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I can understand your desire to correct the appearance of your breasts.  You need a breast lift and possibly a small implant.  Your areolae will also be reduced.  I personally would perform the lift first and decide a few months later if you want implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Breast lift for you

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Breast lift would be the best surgical option for your breasts which will correct your breast sag and nipple position. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

Can some help and tell me what's best?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift and augmentation. There are benefits to separating the two procedures in this case. Some will still perform that operation at the same time. The point of the lift will be to reduce the size of the areola and then to lift and center the breast tissue in a more aesthetic position over the chest wall. Then the implant will offer you more volume for a more rejuvenated perky breast. I perform breast lift and augmentation surgery together all the time, but in cases like yours where the tissue is very low below the fold I feel the best result would be a staged operation. Best of luck and you can have an excellent result in the right hands. Choose wisely, make sure they are board certified by the american board of plastic surgery. But, it does not stop there. You then need to make sure from other patients in the community that the surgeon does good work and that the patients are overall happy. 

Richard J. Brown, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 54 reviews

Whats best?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you were accepting of firmer, perkier breasts with much more fullness on top and numb nipples, my suggestion would be to have a reduction to remove the heavy hanging tissue and use an implant of your choosing with your own tissue as an inferior based flap to provide excellent coverage of your implant and a nipple graft (you will lose half the nipple height and could have some pigment issues) as the most durable procedure out there... but if you ever  have to give up your implants, you will not have much breast tissue left to produce a mound.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Tuberous breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your photos.You have a condition known as tuberous breast. The breast tissue has developed immediately below the areola but has not been able to expand into the full distribution of the breast skin.This can be corrected with a breast implant and lift. A lift alone can be entertained but may not yield the result you aspire to.Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with significant breast experience.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 130 reviews

Here's what high grade tuberous breasts look like

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi, these are tuberous breasts, as they have the following features:1. Large areola2. no tissue top of breast - dent on the top often3. High inframmary crease relative to the areolae edgeYou poor thing! Depending on what size you want to be, most recommend and implant and a lift. You can do it without an implant but it's harder surgically and in that case I usually also do fat grafting.

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Tuberous breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Recommend reconstructive surgery with both high profile implants under the muscle and a full breast lift. The reshaping will require complete breast lift

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.