This is me 3 days post op. Is this normal? (photo)

3 Days Post Op & Healing after a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Pain varies per person and medication to control #discomfort will be provided. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help. Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. 

The healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. It can be up to one year see your final result.

As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employerswill modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Swelling and redness variations after abdominoplasty.

Swelling and redness are common after abdominoplasty. Whether this is "normal" in your situation is somewhat difficult to say. Keep in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Normal?

Thank you for the picture. This is normal swelling for three days but your operation appears to be inappropriate. Your incision is way too high and it is difficult to really evaluate your belly button. There's nothing that you can do about the operation at this point. You should wait three months for evaluation of the final results and see what options are available at that time.

Post op abdo

It is difficult to assess without the preops and I cant really see the umbilicus. Are you otherwise well and are you on antibiotics?
I would consult with your PS again and send them through this photo for advise.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

3 days post abdominoplasty

i dont know all the details of the case, but he incision seems a little elevated it is way too early to make any judgement

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

This is me 3 days post op. Is this normal?

Something not right? Was your surgeon a boarded Plastic Surgeon? Seems incision placement all wrong to me. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions.  

TT

You are very early post op to judge results so be patient and carefully follow your surgeons instructions 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

3 days after tummy tuck

It is difficult for me to comment based on your photo and without knowing the details of the case, but it is normal to have bruising a swelling just 3 days after a tummy tuck.  If liposuction was also performed you can have significant bruising.   You should talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Everyone heals at a different rate. 3 days post op is very early for an opinion based on a photo.  If you are unsure about your surgery and healing, contact your Plastic Surgeon for a follow up visit to confirm you are healing nicely. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD