Can I cover my incisions after removing the tape and applying antibiotic ointment?

It's been 2 weeks since my breast augmentation with a lollipop lift and my surgeon said it was time to remove the tape and so I did. However, I'm not sure if I should cover my incisions after applying antibacterial ointment and with what should I cover them?

Only open wounds need wound care

so if any part of your wound is draining, focus on cleaning that, applying ointment, and dressing with a band-aid or gauze until healed.  If wounds are healed, you can ignore them unless you want to do scar products to your scars but I usually don't recommend that until poor scarring is evident.

It's a good question.  Direct this question to your surgeon, so they can tell you exactly how to care for your incisions.
In my office, two weeks patients incisions are sealed and they do not need to apply the ointment to the incision line.
Congratulations on your recent surgery.

2 weeks post op

Thank you for your question. My best advise would be to discuss your incision care with your plastic surgeon.

Ask your surgeon

I would suggest you ask your plastic surgeon or check your after surgery instructions. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

There is no reason to use antibiotic ointment 2 weeks after surgery

By this point in time, you incision is healed and there is no reason to use antibiotic ointment. There are a variety of scar creams that may help with the healing and scarring. unless there are open areas, there is no point in using any antibiotic cream after the first week.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Open areas need treatment

If there are open areas after your breast augmentation, then applying antibiotic ointment and covering the wound is a good idea.If the incisions area healed, silicone tape can be applied to help minimize the scar.Best wishes, Dr. Denkler