When can I start wearing my hairpiece attached with tape? (Photo)

Currently i am wearing a hairpiece attached with tape to hide my high hairline. I consider doing a hair transplant with 1500 grafts to lower the hairline. To hide the hair transplant i would like to start wearing my hairpiece again about 14 days after the surgery. Is this possible

Hair piece post transplant

It would be best not to wear a hairpiece at all rather wear a hat.  If you can have a hairpiece that is not being glued to scalp such as the ones that have a clip to be attached to the other areas of scalp, you can use it.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen. Your

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   Each doctor may have a different recommendation.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing hairpiece after transplant

The only way you could safely do this would be to apply any tape or adhesive to the skin below the transplanted hairline, and this would not provide a natural look. You'd be better off using clips.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing a hair piece with tape

wearing a hair piece with tape is something that is a terrible idea. Hair systems should be change from glues and tapes to clips and the hair systems must be clean when worn. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

When can I start wearing my hairpiece attached with tape?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, you can not wear ıt on the transplant hair as ıt would cause the haır folıcle to fall out. It is best to wear a hat after the procedure.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon