Scar split. (photos)

I'm 11 weeks post op now. This is my 2nd labiaplasty. Now I have discomfort. I have a problem with my one labia, it's split. It is sensitive/pain. Also during and after sex, tight clothes, whiping off on the toilet. I wonder if the scar will still grow together? I have fear for a 3rd revision... there is so litlle tissue on for a revision... What can I do? Thanks !

Scar split

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your incisional sensitivity and pain.  Based on your pictures alone it appears that you are healing well after surgery and I would advise scar massage treatment to your labia to help desensitize the tissues while allowing more time to pass as your results mature.  Hang in there, it looks like you will have a nice result.

Healing

You are healing fine.  Time will heal all things.  I would leave it alone. Takes at least a few months  post labiaplasty to know how it will look.  I would not worry.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Let it heal longer

The scar may become less sensitive as the healing process progresses further. You may wish to avoid pressure on the area. Laser resurfacing sometimes helps, but the scar needs to be mature.

Labiaplasty revision

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques.  The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity. However, no attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about four years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions. Gary J. Alter, M.D.  Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD