Pain and hypersensitivity after clitoris hood lift. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello, In november I had my first labiaplasty but then they removed too little tissue and with scars/cartels. Now 5 weeks ago have my 2nd labiaplasty with clithood lift. Now i have pain and hypersensitivity wearing underwear,jeans,sanitary towel. Also my clit hood is so sensitive. I'm worried about. Maybe it's for the rest of my life.. Can my clitoralhood return more down with operation so my clit is more protected again? Thanks!

You're still swollen after your clitoral hood lift and revision

There is swelling from residual suture material beneath the skin that is quite obvious in the photos. This causes inflammation and discomfort. It should be gone in a few weeks. Wear loose fitting clothing and keep pressure off the area until then. You should be fine long term. Looks good.

Inflammation - Should Get Better

Thank you for your question and photos.  In the photos, it appears that you still have some swelling and inflammation, most likely from the suture material used.  This is fairly common and can sometimes take several months to resolve completely.  It should not be hypersensitive forever.  Taking a bath in epsom salts can relieve some of the discomfort, but mostly, it just takes time.  Mention any concerns you have to your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.

Hypersensitivity after "clitoral hood lift..."

You shouldn't have much sensitivity at this point if your surgeon performed your hood surgery properly, NOT (!) putting any sutures centrally above your clitoral glans or clitoral body. The proper way to diminish size of prominent clitoral hood folds is to place the incisions well laterally; putting the incisions centrally, as in a "clitoral lift" risks hypersensitivity. The proper procedure is a "clitoral hood reduction;" not sure what is meant by a "lift," but it is always risky to put suture lines centrally ( although occasionally we have to do it...)
Hopefully the sensitivity will diminish. You will know for sure in another 2 months, by which time you should have no sensitivity. If the sensitivity persists, there are ways (gabepentin orally or locally) to desensitize. Occasionally I treat women with clitoral hypersensitivity.  Most likely however all will be well. Make sure you keep in toucvh wiht your surgeon and let him/.her know of your symptoms.,
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA USA

Hypersensitivity

It is quite normal to have hypersensitivity after clitoral hooding procedure.  It may take 3-6 months to feel more comfortable, and less sensitive.  Massaging the area may help desensitize the area sooner.  Discuss with your surgeon for more recommendations.Best, Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Pain and sensitivity after clitoral hood lift.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It is not uncommon to have some sensitivity to then genital region as a result of the swelling from surgery.  At six weeks your results appear to be settling and maturing well and I would recommend scar massage to help soften your incision and help desensitize the area.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concerns, they can offer the best recommendations based on the site of your sensitivity.