Change the shape of the top lip? (Photos)

Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to change the shape of my top lip. What I don't like is the way it almost creates a M shape, and I would love to have a more fully filled lip so when they close there is not a crooked line, just a normal straight line between the top and bottom. Below is a picture that resembles my lips on the left. I don't really like the right one because the shape is still the same, just fuller. Thank you

Improve shape of upper lip

Thank you for asking about your upper lip.

• If I am correct, you do not like the cupids bow which is normal in the upper lip
  • I think it would be best to see a plastic surgeon and to show her/him in a photo of yourself what you don't like and the look you want to see what might be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Change the shape of the top lip?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Smoothing out your top lip can be accomplished with well-placed dermal filler along either side of the center pout.  In order to leave a nice tapered appearance to the lip you will need to extend the augmentation towards the corners of the mouth.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation

You can enhance the lips you have with fillers. The true shape is difficult to change with just fillers.

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm), implants or fat

Yes, it is possible to contour the lips. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. The technique will be important here. In addition to fillers, using cannulas for the injections can help shape and contour the lip. Other options would be fat or implants. Lasers or surgery can sometimes help asymmetry.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip augmentation

You are describing what is called  " philtral bow", which is normal anatomy of the lip. It is possible to enhance the size, but eliminating the bow with large amounts of filler would look odd. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Sure

so filler either side of the tubercle (the mid point of the M) will straighten out your top lip for you and will inevitable make it fuller. 

Go to an experienced practitioner though as a 'ducky' pout is not the look most people would choose but seems to be the look that many people get. 

hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Change The Shape Of The Top Lip?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Lip augmentation with dermal fillers can improve the size and shape of your lips.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Filler in lips and changing the shape

It is possible to change the shape of the lips with filler but you are limited somewhat by your given shape. Discuss with your injector and see what can be done. In general, the process is interactive and I show patients as I go and get feedback.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Fillers and Shape of the lip

You can absolutely augment and change the shape of the lips by adding more volume and having it be fuller and beautiful.  Please consult an expert in cometic injections and lips to improve the shape and size.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for lip augmentation with injectable fillers based on your goals. We often use Volbella which can provide a natural outcome with results lasting up to one year or Juvederm which is can also be a great option. I would seek a consultation with an experienced injector which is key in outcome. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician