7 weeks post op, do I need a revision? (photos)

I would like to have more opinions on post op pictures. I think that surgery is un-sucsessful, and it needs to be done again. Can it be done again so it looks beautyful or i shouldnt get any hopes up ? after operation i had swelling and hematoma. I think it looks horrible and disgusting compared to other peoples pictures after tummytuck.

Tummy tuck result and need for revision

Thank you for your question. I see from your photographs that there is still an overhanging fold on the lower tummy above the scar. The scar also appears to be stuck down and irregular.

Certainly in my opinion a revision of the lower part of your abdomen would improve the outcome.  This would mean revising the whole incision line and taking away the overhang.

The belly button looks ok and could be left alone so making this a much smaller operation. 

The scar is also asymmetrical which is not uncommon and may persist.

The timing for this is typically after 1yr when things are more settled.

In the meantime i would recommend scar management and garments to reduce swelling as you mentioned about the postoperative complication which does have an impact on results.

If there are any further questions please post them and best of luck in healing up.

Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and revision

Hello

Thank you for your question and pictures. It is not uncommon to be swollen up to 12 months post op. Give yourself some time to really assess your results before looking into another procedure. Usually at the 6 month mark is a safe time to have a revision if necessary. Make sure to see or follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Give it time

Thank you for the question.  I'm sorry to hear about your unhappy experience.  Based on the photos, you would need a revision surgery to correct the concerns you are referring to.  It would be best to wait about 4-6 months before doing the revision since it is still too early now to undergo another procedure.  Your body is still in the process of healing.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Revision?

Thank you very much for your question, and for providing the photos.

I'm sorry you had that experience with the swelling and the hematoma.  Based on the pictures, I do think your result could be improved with a surgical revision at the appropriate time.  Continue to follow closely with your surgeon, and ask about the timing of a revision.  If you aren't comfortable with their response, you are always able to consult with another plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

7 weeks post op, do I need a revision? = too early for a revision #tt #tummytuck #swelling

The final results of any cosmetic plastic surgery are usually seen when most of the swelling and healling process has passed, and it is about 3 months. Therefore, at 7 weeks post tummy tuck it is too early to determine if a patient requires a tummy tuck.

In my practice, when patient would like to determine if candidate for a revision tummy tuck, the patient is being advised that is necessary to wait at least 1 year (12 months) to do so,. The reason is because almost all he healing happens during the first 3 months (12 weeks), there is still healing process going on.

Patients with questions and concerns about their tummy tuck recovery should follow up with their plastic surgeon and discuss those concerns with him/her. 

John Mesa, MD

Do I need a revision?

Sorry to hear that you experienced hematoma after surgery and you are unhappy with your surgery.
Based on your photos, your result can be improved with revision surgery.  This may require liposuction and scar revision.
However, please allow 3-6 months for your body to recovery from your previous surgery.
Please visit a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person and to discuss your concerns, expectation, and goals.

Revision

Sorry that your going through this. There is no question based on your pictures that this result can be improved. I would likely wait for you to be at least 6 months out before undergoing a revision.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision abdominoplasty

I'm sorry that you have not had a good experience.  At this point, it appears that you have excess skin, possibly a fluid collection, and an uneven scar.  I would recommend waiting at least six months after your first procedure prior to additional surgery.  Your result will change some over the next few months, but I do not think that you will be happy with your final results unless things improve tremendously.  I would recommend to discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon now, or seek out another board certified plastic surgeon for their opinion on how to improve your result.  Good luck!

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks post op, do I need a revision?

Yes. I think so. This is a poorly planned and executed procedure by someone who likely has little to no experience doing this surgery.  I would recommend you wait at least 3 -6 months before planning a revision.
Sorry for the bad news.  Hope this helps
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon