When will I notice my vellus hairs back?

Hi. I've been using Minoxidil 2% since yesterday. I've been pulling my hair around my ears (mostly the vellus hairs). When will I notice any effect? I stopped pulling...

Minoxidil and expectations

Thank you for your question. I'm glad to hear that you have stopped pulling your hair because the constant tugging and tension on the hair follicles can cause them to fall out prematurely. In my experience, topical minoxidil takes at least 8-12 months to start to visibly notice any difference with increase hair growth. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your hair, treatment options, and expectations in greater detail. Take care and good luck.