Is this normal? Extreme redness after coolsculpting. (photos)

Doctor looked scared when I showed him the r dness 1 day after coolsculpting but then act it was normal and gave me flamigel. The applicator was disconnected after 30 minutes because of air in the applicator , and then applicated again for 30 minutes. At that moment sensation of painly itchiness on that area. Also treated both lovehandles (4 zones + 1 zone abdo) where no redness at all. But here he put aspiration 5% higher on one side, will this affect result?

Bruising after Coolsculpting

Wbile bruising after Coolsculpting is not uncommon, this is not a typical redness that I have seen before.  And why is the applicator right over your belly button?!?!

This whole thing looks wrong!

If the area of redness is the only area of the abdomen treated, this makes no sense, especially only over the belly button. Other areas treated did not show the same discoloration, so that too seems a "red flag." Asymmetric settings on symmetrical body areas doesn't make sense either. While 5% is a small difference, why would you not shoot as much as possible for uniform symmetrical treatment settings, unless there was a pre-existing difference in each side?

I am skeptical about who you chose to perform this procedure, not to mention the procedure itself. Please recheck credentials before you return to this individual. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Is your reaction to CoolSculpting normal?

That reaction isn't one that I have seen before. Some bruising is normal, but that mark looks atypical. In addition, we know that you shouldn't place an applicator directly over the belly button. I would suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon regarding this issue. Best of luck. 

Redness following CoolSculpting

This would be an extremely unusual reaction following CoolSculpting.  As mentioned below, I would wonder if you had the actual Zeltiq CoolSculpting procedure.  From what I can tell of your picture, the red area does not match with the size of any of the currently available applicators.  I would follow up with your provider to determine exactly what procedure was performed, as well as a provider experienced in the Zeltiq CoolSculpting procedure.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Redness and Coolsculpting

The photo that you showed is not typical of Coolsculpting.  Are you certain that you had the real Coolsculpting machine? I would consult a board certified dermatology who is certified in Coolsculpting for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It could be normal bruising but overall doesn't typically look like this.
I would continue with what your doctor says

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting

The red area one day after the procedure is not normal.  I would continue to follow the treatment protocol you have been recommended.  It looks like a superficial burn from the photo which will heal.

John Burns, MD