Mild pain on the side of my breast. Could it be rippling?

HI! I had gel implants submuscular 2 years ago. For the past 3 weeks I feel a dull pain on the side of my right breast. It hurts mostly when I do certain movements but sometimes just after changing position on the sofa, for example, if I am watching TV. .. If I touch I feel my implant but it isn't hard. Could it be rippling? If so, is it normal for it to cause mild pain or discomfort? My gyne said to do a mammogram. Thank you

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Rippling of implants

The feeling of rippling of an implant has nothing to do with pain. A new pain that comes on so long after your original surgery should be first evaluated coming from a source other than your breasts. Certainly, muscle injuries and inflammations of the cartilages of the chest can seem to be emanating from a breast. I would recommend you first be evaluated by your plastic surgeon to see if the implants are okay. A simple and office ultrasound can determine whether the implant is broken or not. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS