Excessive cartilage on one side of the nose after rhinoplasty. What now?

I'm now almost 2 months post-op. I'm happy with the results in general. But on one side there is excessive cartilage stored which is clearly visible. This will need a revision. Within 2 weeks I have a new appointment with my surgon to review the results. My questions are: - How severe is such a cartilage revision? Will my face again be swollen en bruised like after the full rhinoplasty? - Will I have to wait 6 to 12 months before the revision, when it's now already very clear what's wrong?

Excessive cartilage after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.At 2 months, you are still swollen and the nose will continue to change. You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. If I were him, I would not be in a rush to do anything as yet. Patience is of essence.Kind regards.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD