can chest hair help ?

i have lost my hair when i was 18 in start my hair became very weak ,now i'm 26 years of old and i have shaved head mean very weak hair on my head and i have no hair on top of my head .i have very thick hair on my chest .is that possible to take some graft from my chest?

Can chest hair help ?

I do not recommed patient to use the chest hair for transplantation. 

Organic Hair Transplantation” is a hair transplantation procedure developed in the Estetik International Laboratories. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Chest hair from head transplants

Using your chest hair may not be the most economical way to get hair on your head.  First you need to see a good hair transplant surgeon and then that doctor can make an assessment of your donor supply and your demand for hair on the top of your head.  You also might consider scalp micropigmentation as an alternative, see web reverence below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is possible but you need to see a doctor to make sure you understand all the limitations of a body hair transplant.  For example, chest hair may not match your scalp hair.  

Other options you can consider is a normal hair transplant surgery or even Scalp MicroPigmentation SMP.  See examples on the Video.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body hair transplant

If the scalp donor hair are not enough then I will prefer beard area's hair as they are better regarding all aspects than to the chest hair.

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist

Using chest hair

There are no scientific studies done to prove that the body hair is permanent. Therefore, body hair transplant should be considered as a temporary fix and also as a very last option.  If your donor on your scalp is weak and you are seriously considering BHT then you should know that it is temporary, it may fall off in a few years and you will be back to square one. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Chest Hair

Thank you for your question. The chest is prone to scarring poorly, so this is not an ideal harvest site. In addition, the hair usually matches up poorly with scalp hair. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Chest Hair for Hair Restoration

It is possible but there are limitations. Chest hair begins to thin in the late 40 to early 50's and may not be a permanent solution. I prefer hair from the head for hair transplantation.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon