My cheeks are hollow; what do I do?

I always had hollow cheeks but lately it started being even worse. I really need help, I think sometimes I might look like a drug addict due to my sunken in cheeks. It affects my self esteem and in general it bothers me every day.

Cheek Augmentation

You can augment your cheeks using injections of fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft, fat injections, or permanent correction with cheek implants. Consult with a surgeon who uses all these techniques because there are advantages and disadvantages with each.

Many options

There are a number of options. Fat is a great choice but needs a moderate amount of volume to be successful in a single application. 

I find sculptra to be excellent for people with very little volume. It needs to be injected over 2 or 3 sittings but gives great natural looking volume. The only side effect in my  experience is oedema around the malaria area for a few weeks in some patients

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin

How to improve hollow cheeks?

Hollow cheeks can be improved with a variety of methods.  Injectable fillers (including fat) and surgically placed implants would be the main options.  An examination of you, or at least photographs of you, would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

My cheeks are hollow; what do I do?

Hi, I have performed many Cheek Augmentations using dermal fillers or Cheek Implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Conversely, men look handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  Despite its recent popularity, fat injections are far less reliable at creating a precise shape to the cheeks, chin and jaw line than an "off the shelf" dermal filler or facial implant.

Hope this helps.

Cheek implants for hollow cheeks

Thank you for asking about your cheek implants.

• I am sorry to hear of the distress this is causing you.
  • Without a phone one can't be sure, but with your description it sounds as though a combination cheek and mid face implant may give you the volume you need.
  • Please see a plastic surgeon for an examination to see if this is right for you or if there is a better option.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS