Not noticed any difference in my hair after FUE 7 months in. (photos)

As title says I am two weeks off seven month anniversary of FUE. I am starting to panic a little now as I was looking over photos of my hair before I received the treatment and where I am at now and I have noticed next to no difference. I am worried as I have read on here that you should see hairs coming through after month 6. The first three photos are the day before treatment and the last three are from now. I can only see progree at fringe and that is because there were more grafts placed.

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth after hair transplant- individual results may vary

Post surgically we see patients the day after surgery for hair wash & follow-up, then at 2 weeks, and again at 8 months. It is not clear on the photos if at 7 months you are having thin, fine hair growing.    I recommend you see your hair transplant surgeon for closer evaluation.  By 8 months you would hope to see thick, course hair emerging with final result around 12 months.  Individual results may vary.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth @ 7 months

although we have a general time line for hair growth, I'd advise you to be patient a bit longer. I've had patients that didn't notice any real change or growth until 6 months. Be patient the most growth occurs 6-9 months. Good luck. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

7 months post op

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Growth concerns at 7 months

It would be helpful to know more details to be able to advise you appropriately. 

1. How many grafts we transplanted?

2. What was the breakdown of 1, 2 and 3 hair follicular units?

3. Do you have photos of the immediate post operative appearance to demonstrate the distribution of grafts?

4. Did you adhere to the post operative instructions given by the doctor?

5. Are you taking hair loss medication to stabilize your condition?

6. Did you experience any shock loss after the surgery?

Edward Ball, MRCS
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth after FUE surgery

In general, hair begins to grow at the recipient site at about 3-6 months. And it takes up to 12-18 months to see the full effects of surgery. This is true whether FUE or strip harvesting methods are performed. I would recommend you follow up with your hair transplantation surgeon.

Sahar Nadimi, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Poor Growth at 7 Months

Most patients at our clinic are seeing substantial growth at 7 months.  It would be helpful if you could indicate where the majority of the grafts were placed, and how many grafts were transplanted.  Thanks! 

Michael Vories, MD
Rock Hill Hair Restoration Surgeon

Not noticed any difference in hair after FUE 7 months

Actually you have to have result in 7 months. I think that very less number of hair is transolanted so you cann ot get any difference after 7 mo.The most outstanding reason for poor growth and ineffectual  hair restoration results
is insufficient number of viable graft placement as a result of intra operative damage of follicular units.

İt is better to have a revision surgery at another doctor/clinic.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

7 month questionable resuls

Good doctors want to know if their patients are not happy so go back and visit your doctor after another month of growth

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon