Is a leak through small opening normal?

Im 2 weeks post op of uplift with implants, i noticed some clear brownish tint liquid come from my left incision, it stop if i hold it and dosnt start again unless i peak at it removing dressing, should i be worried. I dont see my surgeon until August. I got antibiotics today just incase its infection starting, ive no fever and feel fine, this breast still hasnt dropped either so could it be due to that?

Oozing post aug

As long as you do not have a fever you should be okay.It sounds as though you may be spitting a suture which is not uncommon.Keep a watch on it.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You should be worried. Call your surgeon

You should not wait.  Call your surgeon now and see him ASAP.  You need personal evaluation by your surgeon. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Leaking fluid

I would contact your surgeon and have him see you earlier than Aug. you want to make sure your implants do not get infected.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Leak

I would call your surgeon and tell him/her what is going on.  They should be able to see you sooner, I would recommend that. 

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Worried about liquid on breast augmentation incision

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I assume your surgeon knows what is going on and is the one who prescribed the antibiotics.
  • If not, please call and let him know.
  • If you were my patient, I would want to see you promptly.
  • Any new drainage after breast lift + implants should be taken seriously.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Is a leak through small opening normal?

It is not unusual to have some leakage of fluid for a breast lift incision.  However, if the area is red, tender, swollen, or you have a fever, you should let your surgeon know.  It may be a good idea to see if you can see your surgeon sooner if possible.  In the meantime, be certain to say on your antibiotic medication.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Recovery

I would recommend an evaluation your surgeon as soon as you can as 2 weeks is unusual to start leaking. You should definitely take the antibiotics however request an evaluation sooner than August. Good luck. 

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAugmentation #Healing #Recovery 

Is a leak through small opening normal?

Thank you for your question.  At two weeks it would be unusual to have drainage from your incisions, and it would be wise to be seen by your physician. If caught earlier enough, your risk of an infection is low, but local wound care will be important to get you to heal.  With your implants nearby it is better to be more aggressive in being treated than to delay and risk a problem developing.

Is a leak through small opening normal?

Hello!  Thank you for your question!  Drainage from the incision after any surgical procedure is not expected and should be evaluated.  Especially with the description that you provide, I would be concerned.  I would recommend being examined by your surgeon soon.  Without an examination or photo, it is difficult to say what is going on.  While it could be nothing and simple wound care would ameliorate it...your surgeon would be able to evaluate and direct you to proper treatment.  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD