I have a big bit of fat just above fanny how do I get rid of it please?

Liposuction may be the solution for your problem spot of fat.

Although it’s difficult to advise you on which plastic surgery procedure would best help you without seeing photos, what you’re describing sounds like an isolated problem spot of fat. Liposuction is a body contouring procedure that’s optimal at targeting diet and exercise resistant fat in people who are close to or at their ideal weight. Many people have stubborn pockets of fat that can gather in specific areas of the body, such as above your buttocks as you describe. Schedule an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so you can better explore your options. Best of luck to you.

Liposuction and Non-Invasive Techniques Can Eliminate Fanny Fat Permanently

Liposuction is designed to eliminate small pockets of stubborn fat, which is what it sounds like you have. However, without photos or an in-person consultation, it is not possible to determine if you are indeed a candidate for either liposuction or a noninvasive fat-elimination technique such as CoolSculpting, Vanquish, or Thermi. Please consult with a board-certified dermatologist to discuss the best options for you.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting rid of fat above the "fanny"

It sounds like you have fat accumulation in the midline over the tail bone area or in the love handle area. Either of these areas can be effectively treated with tumescent liposuction. The procedure can be performed comfortably and safely in the office with local anesthetic, keeping it simple and safe, with a quick recovery. I recommend a consultation with a board-certified dermatologic surgeon who has experience performing tumescent liposuction. 

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for the question! It is rather difficult to fully evaluate your situation without an in-person exam and in the absence of pictures. That being said, considering that liposuction is frequently used to eliminate stubborn "problem areas", you may be a good candidate for this procedure. Liposuction is basically designed to improve your body contour so it can be effectively used to get rid of pockets of fat in the lower back region. 

As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Fat above Buttock

Thank you for your question.  Without a photo it is hard to say.  It does however sound as though you may want to have a consultation for some liposuction.  An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best thing for you.  This way you can get an exam and find out the best solutions for your problem.  Most plastic surgeons give complimentary consultations.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Get rid of liposuction above the fanny

Thank you for asking about your excess 'fanny fat'.

Liposuction is very likely to get rid of this excess fat - but without a photo one can't tell if this is all you would need done for a nice result or if adjacent areas might be need to be reduced as well. So have a consultation to find out what is the best approach for you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Local area of fatty tissue

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction is likely your best option for an area of prominent fatty tissue above the buttock.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

I have a big bit of fat just above fanny. How do i get rid of it?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question. In most instances fat in the low back region can be effectively treated with liposuction to help sculpt a smaller appearance and contour the results to leave an improved appearance to your fanny.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Liposuction - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. It is impossible to comment specifically without a photograph. However, traditional liposuction works extremely well along the lower back and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Solutions for "A Bit of Fat"-VASER liposuction, fat, RF treatments, ultrasound

This is hard to answer without a picture. VASER liposuction with fat augmentation/buttock lifting can give great results. 4D HI DEFINITION liposuction in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning as needed. I recommend a consultation with a hi-def physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer