I just had breast implants. Every time I lift my arm or move it, I can hear water. Is this normal?

"sloshing" sound after a breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Many patients so say they can hear and feel a "sloshing" sound for the first several days following a breast augmentation. If everything else is normal, then this should dissipate over the next few days. Good luck to you.

Post op

a lot of people say they hear and feel "sloshing" after augmentation. assuming everything else is fine--- this will go away with time

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Arm Movement after Breast Augmentation

Dear braniff, 

I would need some additional information in order to say for sure that this is normal, but some patients note that they hear fluid in the implant pocket after surgery. This could be related to the implant themselves (if they are saline) or from irrigation used during surgery that your body has not reabsorbed yet. I am not sure how far out from surgery you are, but I would double check with your operating just to confirm that they do not have any concerns. Good luck!