Treatment for sagging breasts - I am 22 years old with a BMI of 28.

I have sagging breasts ever since I was 13. I am following a diet now... Is surgery for lifting indicated at my age? Will it leave a lot of scars or affect later pregnancies or breastfeeding when the Breasts will physiologicaly get enlarged?

Candidate for Breast Lift

For the best opinion you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon. Most important is finding the plastic surgeon with the most experience to achieve the results you want. Here is some general information:
BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)WHO IS A CANDIDATE
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Hanging breast at the age of 22 yrs

Hi Angela,
A standard surgical treatment for hanging breast (called Ptosis ) is a procedure called mastopexy ( breast lift) and there are 3 main designs  to do this surgery.

1.Lolly pop lift
2. Enchor lift
3.Vertical lift
4. Circumferenctial lift
5. Crescentric or doughnut lift

All these leave scars of different shapes.You should not get pregenent in the first year after surgery.After one year once the internal healing is complete you should have normal physiological functions of the breast.
More information is on me website link given below